Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd June 2019, 14:43   #11
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I “left work” 10 years early after being falsely accused of doing damage to a freezer door with a fork lift truck.
The damage was well recorded several weeks earlier but that didn’t stop the company from suspending me then subsequently issuing me with a final written disciplinary warning.
At my final appeal hearing during which the original decision was upheld, I told them exactly what I thought of their company then left it with my solicitors and later relieved my employer of some “ spending money” after the third offer.

They tried unsuccessfully to place a clause into the final agreement to prevent me from discussing it.
After leaving I never heard from them again but I wouldn’t recommend their sausages
My next employer was very kind to me as I looked after the house and to this day now “officially retired” for 13 years, she still looks after me well
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2019, 15:04   #12
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I left work with no job or offer of job- There was much shaking of heads and tooth sucking and dire and warnings of living in a paperbag at the side of the M4. The hard truth is you may die tomorrow - no one knows what the future holds for them-take your life in your own hands and remember advice is only that, its not certainty. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2019, 15:09   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
I left work with no job or offer of job- There was much shaking of heads and tooth sucking and dire and warnings of living in a paperbag at the side of the M4. .............

For many in London and the West, that would be moving up market to live amongst the middle classes given property prices!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 19:13   #14
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Yes and blo-dy daft prices they are, but that's life.Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 20:29   #15
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My Wife handed her notice in as she was told she could have a holiday in September as there would be not enough staff in to cover her time off. In truth her manager wanted the same week off and relied on my wife to keep the office working when she was off.

When she did the deed the manager pleaded with her to change her mind and said she could have her week off. By then she was looking to having the summer off so she said NO.

Little did she know but the week after she had finished she got a call from a competitor too who she used to work for asking if she wanted a job. She was not sure as she had planned to have the summer off but she was offered a 30% more money and another 5 days annual holiday.

She starts on Monday.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:02   #16
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

When one door closes.....

Another opens

Andy

PS Nice to see some karma for her Manager.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 18:28   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My Wife handed her notice in as she was told she could have a holiday in September as there would be not enough staff in to cover her time off. In truth her manager wanted the same week off and relied on my wife to keep the office working when she was off.

When she did the deed the manager pleaded with her to change her mind and said she could have her week off. By then she was looking to having the summer off so she said NO.

Little did she know but the week after she had finished she got a call from a competitor too who she used to work for asking if she wanted a job. She was not sure as she had planned to have the summer off but she was offered a 30% more money and another 5 days annual holiday.

She starts on Monday.
Now that's pleasing

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2019, 18:45   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

In my industry, it was common to move around rather a lot, so it really held no fears for me, especially in the early years. I could walk on the Friday and find a job on the Monday to go to, I was in demand and need only put the word out.

If a new job didn't suit me, or I found I had taken a step down, I would be gone. With a more planned, less urgent job change, I would first have somewhere to go to. I can only remember twice leaving a job with nowhere to go. The first had nothing wrong with the job, apart from the company just didn't have enough work to keep me going, but were happy to keep me on. I felt wasted, so one bright morning I handed my resignation in. Second one was where I was in charge of a department, working shifts and it was all indoors. I became stressed by the shifts and I had never worked in a factory environment before. I gave it 6 months and handed my notice in.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2019, 04:15   #19
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

She starts on Monday.
Brilliant! - some firms, or more accurately, the people within them - never, ever learn.

Thankfully I have only been in a difficult position with two employers and one was very similar to what happened to your wife. I wanted to book holiday in late August to fit in with School re-start time in September and it was refused.

Me being me - said that it was booked and I’m taking it come what may and it all got a bit heated - which bearing in mind there was absolutely no reason why I could not take holiday in August - lead to my saying I would have to leave if they could not see it from my viewpoint.

It became clear that my immediate boss - whilst acting as a great guy and friendly to my face had told other people that he was showing me “who was boss”.

So I easily secured another job and resigned in the May before my holiday in August. In that May I was approached on three occasions by more senior managers saying “You’re not really going to leave are you?” - my immediate boss who caused the whole issue hardly said two words to me in that time.

But by that time the deed was done and I moved to a far better working environment and had an excellent summer holiday with no regrets at all.

Years later when I employed people in my own firm we always paid very close attention to family holidays and made sure people got the time they needed/wanted.

It really paid dividends.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote