Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th September 2018, 20:47   #11
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderz View Post
The 'L ' shaped end trim on the bottom of the arch/beginning of the sill should be trimmed down as needed and mounted over the skirt, not under it.
I've got the instructions here, but my phone's flat so I can't take a picture at the moment.
Please send when you can, thank you for info
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 20:52   #12
Madderz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Will do Les
Madderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2018, 21:38   #13
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it strange to see that the boys in Callander are still up to their old tricks. Used to Run the Doune Classic car show which became the Callander Classic Weekend. I Ran the entrants campsite and put on the entertainment for eighteen of the twenty five years that it ran for every August bank holiday weekend.
I could always count on the Garage to assist any of my guests wanting this kind of work done. Must be ten years since we last ran the event. I can’t praise the Garages work highly enough.
That coming from a man who at one time restored classic cars as a part time hobby employing two of the best young keen mechanics up until I retired ten years ago is high praise, I was lucky enough to eventually have two lads willing to learn how to roll body panels from scratch, in mild steel, stainless steel and Aluminium. How to make moulds for manufacturing replacement fibre glass tubs and clams. I was just relived to have someone to pass my knowledge on to. As sadly when an old engineer passes away. All of his knowledge, and skills are lost forever.
Duncan Lange Leyland’s. Chief design engineer passed away and his wealth of knowledge was lost for ever. Dick Watson the engineer who services and restores all HRH motor cars, started off as HRGs chief design engineer. Has not had an apprentice in the passed forty years or more is now in his eighths, is still looking after the Queens cars, but when he passes all his knowledge will be lost for ever.
I am so glad to see that the boys in Callander are still working away and are proud enough to put their name to their work.
A lovely example of one of our Mustang powered cars hopefully she will still be around for a long time to come.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote