Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 20:22   #121
brum29
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer 2L CDT Club SE 2002

Wink Pause for Thought............

1. Never, under any circumstances, combine a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

2. If you had to specify, in one word, why the human race has not, and will never achieve its full potential, that word would be meetings.

3. It is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. People who push to share their religious views with you rarely care to have you to share yours with them.

5. One does well to separate one's career from one's life.

6. Nobody cares if you can't dance. Just dance.

7. Regardless of the temptation, don't lick a steak knife.

8. The most devastating force in the world is gossip.

9. You should never say anything to a woman that even hints that you think she's pregnant.

10. The one constant among all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

11. A person, who is nice to you, but mean to the stranger, is not a nice person.

12. Men are like a fine cheese. They start out as milk, and it's up to women to mold them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
Old 16th May 2008, 20:32   #122
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Traffic Accident

Well, Your Honour, I really didn't mean to get into a fight with the driver of the car I ran into the other day.
I was rear-ended, which caused me to rear-end the car in front of me.
The driver, whom you can see is a dwarf, approached aggressively after the accident yelling, "I am NOT happy."
I decided that I would try to lighten things up and answered, "OK, I can see that, but then which one are you?"
That's when the fight started.
Old 16th May 2008, 20:35   #123
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Water Pistol

My five year old son squealed with delight when he opened his birthday present from his grandmother. It was a water pistol. He promptly ran to the sink to fill it.
"Mom," I said. I'm surprised at you. "Don't you remember how we used to drive you crazy with water pistols?"
My mom smiled and said, "Yes, I remember."
Old 16th May 2008, 20:50   #124
brum29
Passed Away

Wink An Age Thing.................

An elderly couple went to dinner at the home of some friends, also elderly. After dinner, the wives went into the kitchen and the two men were talking. One said, "We went out to dinner last night at a really good restaurant. I'd highly recommend it." The second man said, "What's the name of it?" The first man thought and thought, then said, "What's the name of that flower you give to someone you love, the one that is usually red that has thorns?" "Oh, you mean a rose?" said the second man. "Yes, that's it," said the first man. Then he called to the kitchen, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"
Old 19th May 2008, 16:39   #125
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Matrimonial Advice................

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

My name is Jeff. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Susie.

Since I retired several years ago, it has become necessary for Susie to get a full-time job along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed.

Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work.

Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the club so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the lawn. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Susie. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older.

However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.
Sincerely, Jeff

EDITOR'S NOTEJeff died suddenly on March 1 of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing and a sledge hammer laying nearby.

His wife Susie was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 15 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her defence that Jeff somehow, without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.
Old 21st May 2008, 08:53   #126
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Body Building......

This is what I looked like before I went on the body building course...

Old 21st May 2008, 09:22   #127
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Me as a baby............

Me as I child, wasn't I cute, I'm still as good looking now.......

Old 21st May 2008, 09:26   #128
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Don't go on cheap flights........

I think the pilot was adding RoverRon's Synergy 2 and forgot to close the bonnet properly............

Old 21st May 2008, 09:47   #129
brum29
Passed Away

Wink How to get your man's attention.........

I would assume she was a little upset to say the least............

Old 21st May 2008, 09:53   #130
brum29
Passed Away

Wink Ultimate in exercise machines.........

No excuses for not being on this site because you say you are doing exercise.............

Closed Thread