Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th June 2010, 14:47   #1
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Default My ZT pics, door now sorted

Had my driver's door repaired earlier in the week, after it had been damaged by a Tesco home delivery trolley falling against it (Tesco are paying the £400 repair cost). Lovely sunny day today, so I thought I'd take a few piccies.

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 160 (sadly now gone!)
2015 BMW 435d GranCoupe XDrive
calibrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 22:46   #2
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Stunning mate. Stunning.

What brands of polish/wax and process do you use to get that result?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 23:00   #3
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Stunning mate. Stunning.

What brands of polish/wax and process do you use to get that result?
Thanks! I don't do anything special at all - I just get it washed at the local "hand car wash" place for £6. When the black paint is clean it looks fab, but unfortunately it doesn't usually stay clean too long! The good weather this last week has helped though - I took those photos today, the car was washed last Monday and has done 200 motorway miles during the week! I had planned to get it washed today but there was no point, as you can see it's remarkably clean already!

Oh, and the wheels make a HUGE difference to the overall look as well - I had them properly refurbished a few weeks ago.

Old 2nd July 2010, 18:12   #4
majedm75
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5V6+Auto - Pack Luxe & Sterling

Very nice, especially the first picture
majedm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 13:38   #5
Rupert
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrax View Post
Oh, and the wheels make a HUGE difference to the overall look as well - I had them properly refurbished a few weeks ago.
Very nice car Steve!

I'm thinking of having my 11-spoke alloys 'properly refurbished' and to date the nearest place to me (http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/) has quoted £57 + VAT per wheel (plus £12 per wheel for removing and refitting the tyre, and balancing). They need the car for 3 days, or they can collect the (tyreless) wheels for free and bring them back .. but then you've still got the cost of refitting tyres and balancing. Did you pay something around that sort of figure and how long were you without your car?

Rupert

I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realise what you heard is not what I meant!
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 19:03   #6
calibrax
Posted a thing or two

BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Very nice car Steve!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
I'm thinking of having my 11-spoke alloys 'properly refurbished' and to date the nearest place to me (http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/) has quoted £57 + VAT per wheel (plus £12 per wheel for removing and refitting the tyre, and balancing). They need the car for 3 days, or they can collect the (tyreless) wheels for free and bring them back .. but then you've still got the cost of refitting tyres and balancing. Did you pay something around that sort of figure and how long were you without your car?

Rupert
Mine cost a bit less than that. I had a spare set of wheels which I put in for refurbishment. It took a couple of days, cost was £220 inc vat. I was surprised by the price because I was expecting around £300!

Later I had them fitted on the car for £10 per wheel (existing tyres swapped onto the new wheels).

I'd say that yours is still a very good price though... I shopped around, and most places wanted between £60-£80 +vat per wheel for only doing the face, not the whole thing. But Lepsons did the whole wheel.

Oh, I also bought some new centre caps (£25) to finish the wheels off nicely

Last edited by calibrax; 9th July 2010 at 19:05..
Old 11th July 2010, 15:38   #7
Rupert
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrax View Post
Thanks!

Mine cost a bit less than that. I had a spare set of wheels which I put in for refurbishment. It took a couple of days, cost was £220 inc vat. I was surprised by the price because I was expecting around £300!

Later I had them fitted on the car for £10 per wheel (existing tyres swapped onto the new wheels).

I'd say that yours is still a very good price though... I shopped around, and most places wanted between £60-£80 +vat per wheel for only doing the face, not the whole thing. But Lepsons did the whole wheel.

Oh, I also bought some new centre caps (£25) to finish the wheels off nicely
Cheers Steve .. like the idea of new centre caps too, they always seem to fade. I've recently replaced my radiator badge and am now thinking I need a new boot badge too. It's never ending keeping these lovely cars looking their best!

I know you believe you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realise what you heard is not what I meant!
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote