Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd November 2013, 08:46   #1
AGAs
Regular poster

ZT

Default S525OVP No Progress?

I don't tend to need to post much but I have enjoyed reading the technical section and about people's projects since even before I joined :-). But looking at this project I have been puzzling for a while about this. I have read all the threads on this car now. This looked a really great project. It seemed to have started so well. But literally four years on almost to the day and it isn't finished? There is putting things on the backburner and then there is this project! Looks pretty pointless really. It isn't down to a lack of offers of help from members and traders either judging by the many offers in these threads! Club members must have the patience of saints or they have forgotten all about the car or have they just given up on this potentially great project?

Why after four years, isn't this finished and proudly showcased by the club? Or if that is beyond the Club and owners abilities then why have this section on the car running in the first place? Is it just a really good example of how not to project manage a car restoration? Or is it just a great example of bangernomics in action now? What has stopped the progress?

Not really having a go, just mystified by what it is all for?
AGAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 09:22   #2
DaveyC
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T Diesel

I think its been accepted that the project has stalled and folk have just lost interest.......... Sad really, as its such an early example.
DaveyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 09:26   #3
Le Mans 190

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

What stage is the car at nowadays??
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 22:06   #4
AGAs
Regular poster

ZT

I can see what you mean about people having lost interest
Old 5th November 2013, 22:33   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

The car owner,& the forum owner,Christopher,is too busy involved in his career,i have no idea on the progress of the car,it's not even the oldest known,as that used to belong to to roverowner,(Dr Alan Cranston) who sadly passed away earlier this year,& the car is still,as far as i know,in Sweden.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 17:09   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
The car owner,& the forum owner,Christopher,is too busy involved in his career,i have no idea on the progress of the car,it's not even the oldest known,as that used to belong to to roverowner,(Dr Alan Cranston) who sadly passed away earlier this year,& the car is still,as far as i know,in Sweden.
There was another 75 which turned up a few months ago which was even older than OVP and mine. It was sold on ebay. What became of it is open to speculation: did it end up being broken up for parts or did it go abroad or into storage? In regards to Alan, he had been an authority on the early pre-launch cars whilst never being elitist about his 75 being the oldest one in the club. I believe his car remains in Sweden.

I had not seen the latest post about OVP until just now. By coincidence, I was thinking about OVP yesterday and wondered how the old lady was getting on, as we had not heard any recent reports from Christopher about her progress.

The last report of when he saw it would be enough for me

I am writing from Nairobi and understand the difficulties involved in talking about a car which is thousands of miles away. If you do get the chance of logging on Christopher can you please let us know how OVP is doing?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 17:02   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I was in Christopher's company on Saturday at the NEC , it was nice to finally meet the man himself , and someone broached the subject of OVP, and Christopher said that the next step was to get it resprayed as it was just standing on his drive. But as usual, unfortunately his work commitments mean he has little time to get this organised.
We were lucky to have his presence at the NEC show, so when he will have time to sort out the next step for OVP who knows.
Old 18th November 2013, 19:14   #8
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Well far be it from me to cause a ruckus but isnt it possible with all the members who have offered their services and help over the last 4 years, that the job over getting the car sprayed could be delegated to a member to oversee, with the adequate funds after a suitable garage or person is found to carry out the work at a reasonable price so it would be sparkling when christopher returns wedgewood blue I assume to the cowley JEL code not Longbridge !!! As I said its just a thought.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 22:48   #9
AGAs
Regular poster

ZT

Well the next step was being talked about by Pab in 2011!?

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=87666

And it looked like the work back then was being sorted by Andy Willi.

It doesn't look promising really :-(
Old 21st November 2013, 08:35   #10
andy willi

PRE LAUNCH 75/ZT 190/XJ 550

we had to put this on hold as i closed down the garage so not the clubs fault
the problem with doing a car up with no real money and needing some spent on it is a problem i am sure its going to happen but think of this most of us work and dont get allot of time to spare so progress will be slow

andy
andy willi is offline   Reply With Quote