Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th October 2010, 19:35   #11
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

I wonder where they sourse all the parts from that appear iddentical to the originals?
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 19:37   #12
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T View Post
I wonder where they sourse all the parts from that appear iddentical to the originals?
good question anyone know?

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 19:43   #13
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Yesterday I have ordered my MG7 1.8 Turbo deLuxe in Chongqing, China, that's where I live since almost 7 years now.
I hesitated between this car and the Roewe 750, but, although the Roewe has more space for the passengers and is more forgiving for bad roads, i have chosen for the MG7 because of the body style and the interior, which is almost the same as the Rover 75 I bought when I retired in Italy in 2001. I loved that car, even after driving Mercedes 300 and BMW 7 for my work.
This MG7 is really beautiful and it is fun driving it.
For the curious people amongst you: I have paid (after negotiations) 192.800 RMB. (18.000 UK pounds)
I have downloaded some pictures in the Image Gallery of exactly the same car I have ordered.
If somebody would like more details, just let me know.
Welcome!!! Congratulations on purchasing on of the finest cars in the world.

I think you are the first to join here, awesome, glad to see the forums world wide reaching!

Also, your english is fantastic! You may become tortured by forum members for getting parts for our cars.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 20:10   #14
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

I asked MG months ago about the MG7 being sold in the UK.

No was the answer.

I get the impression that the 'new' MG under Chinese ownership wants to distance itself from the MG that failed in 2005.

Depending on what you read & believe, there's a rather smart looking TF replacement on the not too distant horizon.

We're also likely to get the MG Zero, and from what I've seen written, there's a few new models due to be coming out. Sometime.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 20:17   #15
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
I asked MG months ago about the MG7 being sold in the UK.

No was the answer.

I get the impression that the 'new' MG under Chinese ownership wants to distance itself from the MG that failed in 2005.

Depending on what you read & believe, there's a rather smart looking TF replacement on the not too distant horizon.

We're also likely to get the MG Zero, and from what I've seen written, there's a few new models due to be coming out. Sometime.
Agreed. I questioned this on the MG facebook page and they couldnt have been more of ''those are cars from the past'' attitude.

I personally love the MG7. Too me, its far closer to this....

.... which was the Rover 75 sport.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 20:50   #16
volvoturboman
Regular poster

Soon to be MG ZT 190 +

Ain't ever seen one of those before its like a mixed up car. A Rover 75 with an MG badge. Looks like one thats near wear I live only the one near me is a Rover 75 with ZT bumper and MG badge.
volvoturboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 07:24   #17
Roelof

MG7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymrudragon View Post
Congrats on your new car seen many photos of the new 75 or mg7 and very nice but have they changed anything at all as it looks a carbon copy of a rover 75 mk1 not that is a bad thing dont get me wrong but surely they should have alterd the disigne a bit like the Zero or whatever they called it
ROEWE has changed the body and other details considerably, so, the ROEWE 750 does not look very much like the original concept anymore. In 2012 the model will be totally revised/re-invented on the platform of the (GM) Lacrosse.
MG kept the original concept, but since the car is not selling well (the Chinese want a luxury car with all possible comfort and gadgets) they have added the automatic gearbox, GPS, and all other nice things. And you are right, it looks now very much like the Rover 75 as we know it in Europe.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 08:53   #18
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
ROEWE has changed the body and other details considerably, so, the ROEWE 750 does not look very much like the original concept anymore. In 2012 the model will be totally revised/re-invented on the platform of the (GM) Lacrosse.
MG kept the original concept, but since the car is not selling well (the Chinese want a luxury car with all possible comfort and gadgets) they have added the automatic gearbox, GPS, and all other nice things. And you are right, it looks now very much like the Rover 75 as we know it in Europe.
Thanks for that!

When do you actually get your new car? We would all like to see photos of the inside & outside - lots of them please!
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 13:27   #19
ianfletcher
I really should get out more.......

BMW 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora ZT-T View Post
Maybe it would be a good idea not to use parts identical to the originals that way not as many things can go wrong
ianfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2010, 14:11   #20
Paulifa1
Loves to post

75 launch car

@ Cymrudragon

That reply seemed a bit "snappy"

Unfortunately my font of knowledge was a polite e-mail reply from MG in reply to my own e-mail confirming they have no plans for us to get the MG7, they also won't consider one off import requests from individuals.

Regards,

Paul
Paulifa1 is offline   Reply With Quote