Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th February 2020, 12:11   #1
daveb57
Loves to post

Mercedes Benz E 350 Coupe Peugeot 407 SW 1.9 HDI

Cool Anybody want a donor / project car***GONE TO A NEW HOME***

Hi all.

As above. The time has come to part company as I can no longer keep pouring money into the vehicle, around £500 to £1000 these last few months.

There is Mot until next January, but a persistent ABS problem will not go away.

New offside front wheel bearing, back plate and ABS sensor fitted, new offside front tyre for the Mot, new battery last November, new nearside rear hub fitted a couple of weeks back.

It is in need of new rear back plates as they are corroded badly, this is what is causing the problem as the abs sensor has been rubbing against the old hub, nearside. That aside, the upper suspension arms are badly corroded, the sub frame is on its way, what else I do not know, to be advised on strip down. Have a new nearside front back plate, not fitted and a new nearside rear Abs sensor, not fitted as well.

As said, enough is enough, I have other priorities in life.

The car is a ZT 2,5 V6, 82000 miles with most history until recently.

Car is currently sorn, and uninsured, parked on my drive. Can be driven, 1st application of the brake causes the ABS to cut in, light on dash comes on and brakes without banging.

If anybody is interested, please drop me a pm. I'll give it a couple of weeks, otherwise it will be going to the breakers, something I would rather not have to do.

Regards,

Dave.
daveb57 is offline   Reply With Quote