Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th September 2014, 09:55   #501
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

I would like to know if they are going to fix that wall and when
because I might be doing a few whiskey runs if the Scots tax is lower and will be sneaking backwards and forwards in those gaps
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 10:22   #502
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
I am English and very proud to be so yes we have done bad things in the past but we also introduced democracy to many parts of the globe, I believe we still are one of the most tolerant nations on earth, UKIP and BNP are a blot on our good name but in a democracy yo have to allow them their odious viewpoints. What has this to do with Scottish independence you ask, well after listening to people in Scotland proclaiming their national pride, I felt someone ought to speak up for our poor maligned country, I hear protests but if you condemn our parliament you condemn us as we chose it and magna carta was created here in 1215 and many believe it was the founding of democracy in Europe.

So stand up and say long live England com what may!!
Nicely put Mike. We hear today in the smear campaign, that Alex Salmond never went to school and was a loner growing up. For someone who never went to Eton or had an education, he has done well for himself and kicked the youth of Scotland into action with enthusiasm for their mother country. If only the same could be said of Cameron and the other fella. Last night I watched P M question time at the house and talk about moaning and groaning, these guys n gals have been at each other's throats for hundreds of years Poverty - hard times, you lived through those years, who needs to go Africa, it is here on home soil England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland .....
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 10:30   #503
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
I am a no voter. It won't be a utopia. The funny thing is most people I know love to blame the Tories for everything abs then say "we never voted them in" blah blah. So after independence whats the excuse when things go wrong? We will have voted the government in. It makes no sense to me to go independent without proper fiscal policy and having an individual curency. I am Scottish and I am British. I appreciate those voting yes and whatever the outcome I accept. Its the vitriol and hatred that has been spread through social media and on the streets that worries me.
Well said.

When MP Jim Murphy got egged with shouts of "Quisling" and "war criminal" from the "Yes" campaigners - I'd love someone to point out the connection with Norwegian Nazi collaborators during WW2 with the "No" Campaign Just shows how dumb some people are and they're the ones pushing for an independent Scotland - I'd know where I'd want to place my vote IF I HAD ONE!!
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 12:57   #504
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

[QUOTE=scooterchick;1785228] The older generation who aren't on facebook/twitter and don't have access to the internet are more likely to vote no as all they have is the biased information and on occasion downright lies from the BBC to go on.

Having lived and worked in Scotland for the last few years my comment to the above is this,

The older generation are likely to base their vote on their own experience and considered opinion rather than what they have been fed by the media, social or otherwise.
Old 13th September 2014, 13:32   #505
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

A couple of quotes from a well respected columnist, today. The first relates to the farce of the flag flying over No10:- "Why such imbecility? Because, I suggest, most British politicians have half-forgotten what the Union is. In the era of Blair, Brown and Cameron, where 24 hours seem like an eternity, constitutional questions have been stupefyingly badly dealt with - the symbols misunderstood, the history not known, the processes not operated, the experts not consulted".

The second quote is self explanatory:- "The one good thing about the last few days has been the belated sense from those leaders that the result they want has to be earned. It is good to see them begging - in most cases, especially Mr Cameron's with obvious sincerity. Only if Scottish voters feel they are not taken for granted can they be expected to believe that we all really are better together".

Roverite.
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 14:13   #506
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Do not forget that the UK has had several governments that the south of the border voters did not put in power. It works both ways.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 15:07   #507
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

To quoteReb Butler " Frankly my dear I don't give a damn" if scotland wishes to set sail for new seas then vote and get it over please, if the south could could vote separation would be guaranteed I suspect. It is frankly getting boring hearing people saying my lots better than your lot so sucks boo and let's throw stones at the nasty parliament. Just my opinion of course others may differ.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 15:51   #508
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I haven't said much on this. The 'debate' on such a serious issue is contaminated by so much bluster, misinformation, would-be comedians desperately trying for a laugh, lying, and even bigotry.

What is even more anger provoking is the absolute refusal of Westminster to realise just how ineffective their 'campaign' has been even before it started. To give the ScotNats (as opposed to Scotland) the complete right to dictate all terms such as date, the ballot question, timetable, is completely stupid and highlights their (Westminster) ineptitude in all things Governmental. They even put a gentleman (Darling) up against a loud mouthed bully like Salmond who constantly misrepresents most things and continually shouts down any dissenters.

More than anything else that irks me is the fact that in the event of a 'Yes' vote the aftermath will affect the remaining UK immeasurably more than it ever could an Independent Scotland. The rest of the UK has been denied any say whatsoever at any level and that fact has never even been allowed to be discussed on any formal media.
It amounts to a few hundred votes being able to overrule a phenomenal majority, and potentially involve a total and massive national change to the UK for possibly hundreds of years to come.

Is there anyone at all in charge of that rabble in London?
Old 14th September 2014, 17:53   #509
Duotone
This is my second home

Andrew Gilligan in the Telegraph wrote today.

But as the BBC reporter who first exposed those lies [about invading Iraq], I believe that Scotland is being led over a cliff by a dossier every bit as dodgy as the one that took us into Iraq.

To mention another Yes campaign porky, no one “always gets the government they vote for”. But Scots have got the government they voted for at three of the past four UK elections. Next year’s may well make it four out of five. After independence, over the things that really matter, Scots would never get the government they voted for again.

Whole article here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...q-dossier.html

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 19:43   #510
sponge_mike
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Automatic

And this from Andrew Gilliigan who caused the death of Dr David Kelly.
Volte Face, anyone ?
sponge_mike is offline   Reply With Quote