Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st May 2019, 14:40   #1
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default Help wanted - Navall Star.

Help wanted.

I have a Navall Star that I want to install in my 75 Connoisseur SE. My cars OEM Highline head unit is currently installed.

One of the problems that I encountered was who can direct me to obtain a Satellite Navigation DVD / USB stick for Australia. My payment to purchase an Australian Sat Nav disc was eventually returned to me.

Looking in the delivery packaging, I can not find any assembly instructions. My purchase includes a dash cam, rear and front camera.

Is the Navall Star a generic product and if so can someone direct me to the Chinese distributors in the hope of obtaining on- line instructions.

From memory, the boot, bonnet, doors have to remain open and the Highline completely shut down before I start removing the single din head unit.

Our High Line equipped cars in Australia came with a Sensis Whereis Satellite CD. These companies are subsidiaries of Telstra Limited (our main phone company) and with staff movement details are vague, but it appears that their technology was sold off to TomTom. TomTom technology is not compatible with apply iPhone.

I can see that our OEM single Din head units are becoming dinosaurs in that updated CD Sat Nav discs are no longer made. The DVD data probably exceeds 700 MB (CD maximum). The DVD discs / stick are encrypted to prevent transfer of the data to CD / copying.

I shall be most grateful for your help – especially directing me to an instruction manual.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2019, 16:21   #2
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Hi,

I don't have a NavAll Star but did own one of it's predecessors (NavAll One). I did find a photo of the installation manual if you can call it such. Maybe the units are similar. It is worth a try.

The NavAll Star is sort of a generic Chingling unit sold by "he who must not be named" under his own "brand". You should be able to find additional info on this forum.

You might even get lucky and have @Coolcat drop by in this thread. He has installed and supported quite a few Stars back in the days.

HTH

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 10:48   #3
egremont
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
Hi,

I don't have a NavAll Star but did own one of it's predecessors (NavAll One). I did find a photo of the installation manual if you can call it such. Maybe the units are similar. It is worth a try.

The NavAll Star is sort of a generic Chingling unit sold by "he who must not be named" under his own "brand". You should be able to find additional info on this forum.

You might even get lucky and have @Coolcat drop by in this thread. He has installed and supported quite a few Stars back in the days.

HTH
Thank you for your advice. Where did you find the photocopy of the installation manual. I would like to see the instruction. I tried to phone him on the listed UK phone number, but that number has been disconnected. I think Coolcat no longer has any connection with this business.
Thanks again for replying.
Old 24th May 2019, 11:44   #4
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Hi,

I made a photo of the manual when I got it and had some questions I wanted to ask on this forum. I will look around to see if I still have it and will scan it for you.

Coolcat is still active but I can imagine the phone number is no longer in service because he is pursuing another career if I interpret his profile correctly.

You could try and send him a PM and see if he answers. Who knows

HTH

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 12:19   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi guys,

Not sure on what number you tried to call?

Nothing disconnected from me so I presume we are talking about a number Radioguy was using?

As I'm no longer a trader on here I can't advertise my number but my mobile is still the same for anyone who has it still

Anyhow's. I presume what you are asking is for the Australian Maps to load on to the navigation software running on your double din?

I guess that would be Igo Primo?

If so you can purchase it direct from the company.

https://www.igonavigation.com

If you connect your Star to the internet and use your Google account on the head unit you should be able to download direct to the unit via the Play Store.

Being an Android unit there is nothing stopping you from using other Android compatible Navigation Apps of course.

It has been a couple of years now since I owned a MG/Rover and double din unit so can't remember all the finer parts of installing/setting up that unit I'm afraid.
I also no longer have my YouTube guides as I deleted them from my account. I believe they are still all available on the Navall YouTube page.

Hope you get it sorted.

Edit........Re reading your original post rather than skim reading it seems you were referring to obtaining software for your OEM Hi Line system and not the Navall Star....Sorry, I'm in-between uploading photos from work and not concentrating properly on what was written!

It is a quite involved install proccess and I would suggest checking out Harry's How To guide on here to kick start the replacing of the Hi line keeping the sub/amp/aerial systems working. Then use the Google search on the forum to find further installation info for the Star and accesories. Mine and others are on here with a bit of delving Sir.

Last edited by coolcat; 24th May 2019 at 12:27..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2019, 13:20   #6
egremont
Loves to post

Default Think my son has more confidence than me.

Thank you Jeff for taking time out our busy schedule to reply. Much appreciated.

I phoned the contact number on the Navall site. No longer connected. I placed a 0011 in front of the listing as I do if I phone the UK. .
I have been holding off for a l o n g time trying to get some info and installation catalogue (never received) Eventually my funds for sat nav details was returned - from another person.

My son's car was stolen and wrecked (thieves didn't have his keys). Last Saturday I visited him and helped install an upmarket Kenwood head unit dash cam etc.

As I have had my Navall Star for some time he asked me if it was possible to get “the current firmware update for the Navall Star”. I am not confident of receiving a response from their “sales” site. Hence seeking help here.

It would be over the moon to receive:

(1) the current firmware update for Navall Star and

(2) Installation catalogue.

Extras to install- rear view camera, front and rear dash cam. TV etc.
egremont.
Old 1st June 2019, 13:22   #7
egremont
Loves to post

Default Aerpro 6.5 metre 17 pin (round pin) extension cable

Appears that I need a 6.5 metre 17 pin harness (BMW round pin harness) to plug into the radio receiver /audio connector in the boot.

The boot harness in my Connoisseur is on the drivers side and runs forward into the cabin. A photo (in a ZT) shows the harness running under the carpet against the sidemembers on the passengers side of the cabin.

Am I correct in assuming that the loom probably changes course “from east to west” under the rear seats. From what I can gather the seats need to be removed to allow the installation. Guess there must be a good reason for it changing course.

Thanks Jules for the iGo information.
Old 15th June 2019, 13:26   #8
egremont
Loves to post

Default Side buttons on Navall Star don't illuminate

I wish these items came with an instruction manual.
Now have the sat nav, radio working.

But can someone please tell me why the side buttons do not illuminate - even in the dark with the exterior lights on.

The reverse camera supplied replaces one of the number plate bulbs and lens cover - then the IPK notes that a number plate bulb is not functioning.

Propose to connect the reverse lamp wiring to connector C0286 on pax side of fascia.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
egremont.