Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd June 2019, 15:28   #1
CCFMJL
Regular poster

MGF

Default What one would you use

Or get a bus

The 75 needs a crank pulley and making a hell of noise, really bad and was advise not to use it. It's hammering bad at idle but so far ok when above 1000rpm.

The MGF needs the h/g done Jon and Claire and coming end of July, so far it drives fine ie doesn't overheat and keeping an eye on the coolant how long that will last is anybody's guess.

What would you use if any if you had to go out, i'm not talking mega miles maybe 15-20 ish all in locally.
CCFMJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2019, 16:35   #2
spongeh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 180 Sport Auto

Your mileage may vary, but the crank pulley on my CDT went in Rouen in france while picking up some shopping on the first day of our holiday.

We drove it to the gite 20 miles away and took out RAC european cover so we could get home if it totally died. We then continued to use the car as we would normally, we drove back to calais at the end of the holiday and then drove back to the midlands and it was noisy, but useable. We did a good 6-700 miles with the knackered pulley without it failing on us.

This isn't an endorsement that you should just drive it, but we had a totally different experience to what was usually said on groups/forums ie. it'll fail in a few miles and leave you stranded
spongeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2019, 16:45   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFMJL View Post
Or get a bus
Definitely the bus! Why risk it? Fix them before you lose them.
Old 23rd June 2019, 17:57   #4
CCFMJL
Regular poster

MGF

Ok guys

Well me and my mouth, I took my mother shopping again as she needed "a few things" i'll take the wee one ie MGF. Vey rough and bumpy despite it's only 48000 miles but the suspension is still 19/20 years old and probably never been looked at ect. Anyway, on getting to Asda she said is that water from this I think so, I looked under and yes the 2 pipes that go under to radiator, dripping from the joins.

It's been fine for a month but I guess it will only get worse, and again, the temp gauge never moves but i'm sure one of these times it will.

It's another month till Jon and Claire come and 2 weeks till the guy I use is back to put a pulley and belt on Mickey is sending...oh well.
CCFMJL is offline   Reply With Quote