Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th June 2019, 16:35   #9661
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Default Busy day

Arrived back from a week in the Lake District yesterday. 700 miles in the '75 there/back and touring around. Lovely!

Trip Computer said 52mpg on the trip up (I think that' a bit ambitious even though on Cruise a lot and lots of the M1 and M6 were limited to 50mph) After much short trip touring around the Lakes and the return journey yesterday it read 43.8mpg) Even if it's overstated by 10% that's not bad for a wonderful drive!

Only issue was the n/s dipped beam bulb went which I've just replaced. While I was in there I replaced the Shannon Tube too.

With the wheel off, the wheel arch inspection hatch removed and the "triangular" plastic corner trim underneath removed (I left the main undertray in place) it was surprisingly easy to replace both the bulb and the Shannon Tube.

And while I was under there I replaced the rubber boot on the nearside track rod end. The original TRW track rod/boot had a small split but the ball joint was still good.

Cleaned all the muck off ....Lake District a bit wet and the AirBnB was in the middle of muddy nowhere!! ... but not far from Ambleside.

Well chuffed with the (5 hours) leisurely paced work today, but I did miss the Ugly Duckling Breakfast Meet this morning!

And thanks to Arctic, T Cut and all others who have previously provided How To's, photo's and tips on all the jobs mentioned above.

Great Forum, great folks, great car!

Happy Roving

John

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 17:52   #9662
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

My ZT is certainly the most Western in North America. The closet to me is in Alberta, about 15 hours drive east over the Rockies.
Just watching the Mercedes team bleeding Lewis brakes on the grid.
It will be quite the race with Bottas and Max starting in the middle of the pack. Turn one should be interesting!
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2019, 19:08   #9663
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Today was spent on the infamous rear backplates.

The handbrake cables are great to remove from a 19yr old car 🤣
Old 9th June 2019, 22:29   #9664
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
My ZT is certainly the most Western in North America. The closet to me is in Alberta, about 15 hours drive east over the Rockies.
Just watching the Mercedes team bleeding Lewis brakes on the grid.
It will be quite the race with Bottas and Max starting in the middle of the pack. Turn one should be interesting!
Well...The stewards certainly made a mess of that race!
On a positive note here are a couple of pictures of my new, freshly washed ZT.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 9th June 2019 at 22:34..
Old 9th June 2019, 22:39   #9665
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I see that some members have their cars stats listed in their sig lines.
Where is the best place to get this info. (I have tried searching the forum with no luck)
http://www.mg-rover.info/get_info.htm

Congrats on getting the car you wanted. It will certainly stand out.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 02:18   #9666
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Like everywhere else new cars around here are mostly black, white, silver or various shades of grey. Now I have a Red ZT and a Volcano Orange MGF.
Bucking the trend!

pics are on the previous page, post #10400

This afternoon I started on the thermostat change. Had a surprise that there were two small bolts on the back of the plenum that weren't on the plenum of my Freelander.
They are a real pig to get out when you have the plenum half off and you can only see them with a flashlight and a mirror!
They are off now, Margarita time for me now with the job to finish tomorrow.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 10th June 2019 at 02:33..
Old 10th June 2019, 12:32   #9667
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Today I've given up on the ZT, a bad combination of bonnet release failure and FFS have defeated me, I've literally just bought another car for work so I don't have the funds for about a month and then after that it'll only have just over a months MOT left so it all seems rather fruitless.

I'll be putting it up for sale and it's only good for spares at scrap price, it'll be useful for someone wanting a working manifold and the 190 specific parts and the decent black and white leather seats, either way by the end of the week it's gone.
Old 10th June 2019, 15:52   #9668
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I was very lucky with the ZT. A friend imported it from Holland along with two R75's. He's a Rover guy and bought the ZT to complete the set but has run into a storage problem. (We all seem to accumulate more cars than we have room for!) I have to put the car through our provincial safety test but it's not nearly as comprehensive as your MOT so I don't anticipate too many problems.
As for the weather we are very lucky here. We have the mildest weather in Canada being on the shores of the Pacific. We usually get less snow than the UK. This past year we only had a few days of snow, and small amounts at that. The year before was a different matter as we got hit quite hard. You are right about the traffic chaos when the snow hits. With our climate lots of people try to get away with summer tyres then are in big trouble when we get snow. One of the recovery programs is filmed about 80 miles from where I live in the approaches to the Coast mountain range. They get hit hard there with no notice and they have lots of material for their shows.
Old 10th June 2019, 18:47   #9669
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Took Moonstone in for air con regas, no history of air con service in 18 years! Noticed recently that fan was noisy on auto and quieter on econ. Picked car up, freezing cold air con, then turned temperature up to 23 and drove home in nice warm car. Must get Copperleaf done next, 16 years and no history of air con being done.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2019, 19:30   #9670
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Unbolted both front seats to get to the connectors as I have an airbag light on, sprayed contact cleaner in the plugs and checked the wiring, light is still on.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote