Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th May 2019, 09:10   #1
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Default JLR to post record losses

Sunday Times reports that JLR will post losses north of 3 billion pounds tomorrow morning - due to collapsing Chinese sales and Brexit uncertainty - also rumours that they may merge with PSA - the French outfit who own Peugeot.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.

Last edited by Yorkshire GOC; 19th May 2019 at 09:44..
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 16:38   #2
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

The downhill path started with putting diesel engines into Jags (sounds of Sir William Lyons turning in his grave) and then making SUVs! Grace, space and pace were the order of the day! Having looked underneath one of the new ones and seeing how little rust protection there is can only mean one thing! I will not be buying one anytime soon!
Old 19th May 2019, 17:43   #3
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
The downhill path started with putting diesel engines into Jags (sounds of Sir William Lyons turning in his grave) and then making SUVs! Grace, space and pace were the order of the day! Having looked underneath one of the new ones and seeing how little rust protection there is can only mean one thing! I will not be buying one anytime soon!
What are they lacking in terms of rust protection - is it all specs?

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 19:34   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I suspect this post would not exist if they didnt use a diesel, nor make SUVs (as much as I hate them). If they didnt move with market trends they would have had to cease long ago. Now they are using electric

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2019, 20:15   #5
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Whether you agree or disagree with the new products of a particular company, they are only there to make a profit and that means supplying whatever the market demands at that time and in the foreseeable future - be it diesels, SUV's, EV's, etc.

Considering where the current MG's started from, they are showing a sensible sales increase year-on-year with the new ZS, something that didn't really happen with the original MG6 & Magnette.

The buying public currently seem to want small to medium SUV's - Juke, Ecosport, Crossland X, etc. so as much as MG were never known for this type of vehicle, they are at least building what people want. Maybe if the original MG Rover had done this, history would now be quite different

As for JLR, farmers buying a new Defender every 10 years will never give the profits seen from the current line-up sold on 3 year PCP's.
Old 19th May 2019, 20:35   #6
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire GOC View Post
What are they lacking in terms of rust protection - is it all specs?
From what I saw, the box sections were only painted in primer and basecoat and when I queried it with sales staff, they said that is how they all come from the factory.
Old 19th May 2019, 22:04   #7
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Whether you agree or disagree with the new products of a particular company, they are only there to make a profit and that means supplying whatever the market demands at that time and in the foreseeable future - be it diesels, SUV's, EV's, etc.

Considering where the current MG's started from, they are showing a sensible sales increase year-on-year with the new ZS, something that didn't really happen with the original MG6 & Magnette.

The buying public currently seem to want small to medium SUV's - Juke, Ecosport, Crossland X, etc. so as much as MG were never known for this type of vehicle, they are at least building what people want. Maybe if the original MG Rover had done this, history would now be quite different

As for JLR, farmers buying a new Defender every 10 years will never give the profits seen from the current line-up sold on 3 year PCP's.
There seems to be a huge number of Jag SUV's around. Have to say I like them, almost as nice as our ZS
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 09:46   #8
Rickoshea
Loves to post

Jaguar I Pace

Quote:
Jaguar's top selling models in order are E Pace, F Pace and I Pace - spot a trend here?
Old 20th May 2019, 10:15   #9
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
There seems to be a huge number of Jag SUV's around. Have to say I like them, almost as nice as our ZS
The combined production totals for Porsche Macan and Cayenne accounted for more than 61% of the company's output in 2018.

The Macan alone sold more than the 911 and Panamera combined.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 10:41   #10
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
From what I saw, the box sections were only painted in primer and basecoat and when I queried it with sales staff, they said that is how they all come from the factory.
If its a new company car or you've got it on, or a 3yr no ownership PCP / lease type purchase, which the vast majority of this type of vehicle are, lack of corrosion protection is not your problem 6 or 7 yrs down the line if your handing it back in 3yrs.

If I was PCPing a car where repairs or problems are not my problem, and i dont have to pay for them, I would happily drive a Alpha Romeo etc, but own outright myself, no chance !!!!!!!
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 20th May 2019 at 10:44..
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote