Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2019, 15:21   #41
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I am.not bothered by unemployment in any year, as it is a stat. That few can control. (I know the importance of having unemployment figures though).

There is no point to comparing any unemployment figures with past ones (and definitely no point to compare to foreign), except to allow one particular group, be it politicians or civil servants, to claim how well they have done. It is a feel good exercise, nothing more. And a feel good exercise is a useful distraction at certain times.

Incidentally, whilst the data collection may indeed remain the same 18 months ago, the benefits system has changed, dramatically. Re pip

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 21st May 2019, 13:26   #42
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Food poisoning takes no prisoners.
Old 21st May 2019, 18:40   #43
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

1000 redundancies. Wow.
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:28   #44
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Jamie Oliver’s Restaurant chain has collapsed. I can't say I ever saw one of his restaurants I don't think there were very many. I think they suffering in a market from an oversupply of restaurants. In the last few years there's been so many new chains opening up, there's only so many meals out people can afford.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:35   #45
mbev51
Banned

Removed

British steel in liquidation, although still trading atm
Old 23rd May 2019, 09:43   #46
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Please, esteemed colleague, try not to confuse the thread with facts and alternative viewpoints.

If not curtailed, you will next be asking us to not to keep reiterating just the £80m that the EU loaned Ford to move the transit factory from the UK and also consider that at the same time they loaned Ford £410m to set up an engine plant in the UK producing engines for the whole of the EU.

You really must accept the one version of one person's truth on the forum and not try to cloud the one viewpoint debates with alternative viewpoints.

Next, you will be wanting to discuss cars on the forum!
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:24   #47
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Oh, how nice would it be if contributors played the ball rather than the man and stopped trying so hard and failing miserably to inject sarcasm. Smart it ain't. They just lose any credibility they might, might, have had.

How nice it would also be if we could trust the auditors who investigate the auditors who investigate the auditors who investigate the investigators. Is there anyone in any way associated with big business, government or the media that can be either trusted or forced to tell the truth? I'm not really interested in whether or not it's biased, as I haven't yet lost my marbles I can make my own mind up, but the truth would be a start down the road to recovery. Or is everyone determined to ridicule us?
Old 6th June 2019, 06:21   #48
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

For sure tragic. There’s no doubt about that, however they are deemed the great unwashed “Dirty” jobs and the jobs that the Eco flatutulent want rid of long term. All that will happen is that they will shift the production somewhere else less in your face around the world while we end up one big retirement home feeling smugly satisfied that we have done our bit for the planet.
Old 6th June 2019, 10:57   #49
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
No doubt the Eco warriors will be celebrating on their drums in the street then. �� ��
I would suggest that we "eco warriors", "green Taliban", or whatever people wish to call us on the forum, are somewhat more sophisticated than this comment implies. In fact, many of us possess and regularly exercise multi-dimensional analytical and reasoning capabilities.
Old 6th June 2019, 12:12   #50
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

This is not a political post. This is about a commercial venture closing. The decision to change location of the proposed plan to make electric and hybrid engines at the plant was purely a commercial one. Why would you make an engine, only to have to ship it half way around the world to install it in the car? That is pure British Leyland management. No commercial sense.

This decision was undertaken apparently in 2014! So no Brexit issues! The reduction and cessation of a Ford supplied engine to a competitor that no longer used the engine was the deciding factor. Blame the local manufacturer. Who have to design for the buyer, blame the public.....for not buying the product...

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Closed Thread