Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th December 2018, 09:49   #1
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

Default ecu water damage

hi folks im new to the forum found out that my ecu has water damage didnt know about this cos ive only had my rover 75 cdt club se for about a month . got the car towed down to my local garage he has dries it out but still no joy ... so hes has purchased a second hand ecu with the same umbers on it ,and also purchased ews and the 2 chips for the keys . can anyone advise me that this will work ? the car has only 82k on he clock and justpast its mot with no advisories so i dont want to be selling for spares or repairs can anyone help please many thanks
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 09:56   #2
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

I would contact Marinabrian or Phil T4 on here for further advice if I were you.

I'm sure it's not just plug and play it will need a T4 and associated wizardry from one of these two.

Good luck.
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 10:21   #3
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
hi folks im new to the forum found out that my ecu has water damage didnt know about this cos ive only had my rover 75 cdt club se for about a month . got the car towed down to my local garage he has dries it out but still no joy ... so hes has purchased a second hand ecu with the same umbers on it ,and also purchased ews and the 2 chips for the keys . can anyone advise me that this will work ? the car has only 82k on he clock and justpast its mot with no advisories so i dont want to be selling for spares or repairs can anyone help please many thanks
Certainly would advise you go to a T4 guru as already mentioned - the nearest to you is Big Russ at Liversedge outside Huddersfield -am sure he will be able to help.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 10:30   #4
markypicks
Gets stuck in

hi thanks for info i think he has t4 cos when he tried to connect with obd 2 it wouldnt connect so he tried his laptop with rover and it came up with about 38 data troubled codes but thanks for the info rgds mark i think he already purchased a second hand ecu ews and 2 chips all from the samre car hes confident that itll work but im not so sure
Old 26th December 2018, 10:46   #5
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
hi thanks for info i think he has t4 cos when he tried to connect with obd 2 it wouldnt connect so he tried his laptop with rover and it came up with about 38 data troubled codes but thanks for the info rgds mark i think he already purchased a second hand ecu ews and 2 chips all from the samre car hes confident that itll work but im not so sure
Yes - OBD2 will not connect normally with an 02 diesel - with later diesels it connects no problem. If it does not work get in touch with Big Russ.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 10:51   #6
markypicks
Gets stuck in

its 2.0 cdt im gutted at mo because its a lovely car and i dont want to go down that route for selling as spares or repair
Old 26th December 2018, 10:53   #7
markypicks
Gets stuck in

hi yes it would not connect to my obd2 scanner but my garage mate has a laptop that connected to it and it showed up between 35/ 40 dtcodes
Old 26th December 2018, 10:57   #8
Lovel

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
A DDE4 ECM and EWS with transponders will work to an extent if the replacement ECM has no water damage (most ECM's I see from 75's have been wet or damaged at some point in their life. Freelander TD4 ECM's are bone dry and always the best option) your guy will need to reconfigure the vehicles ZCS codes with T4, which he might not have access or knowledge to, Ensuring important files such as engine tune, airbag, abs, brakes configuration is correct, also IPK and mileage mismatch error. Mentioned just the main ones, of course if your car has other accessories these will need reconfiguration in order to function correctly.

It would have been simpler for you to have just sent you DDE4 ECM to some persons on here and they could have sent you a working replacement ECM which would have been plug and play without the need to reconfig.

The best thing you guy can do now is before changing the ECM or EWS over over is to read and record the existing ZCS codes via T4, that way he could amend (if he can generate ZCS codes and checksum) your new set up to at least resemble your original configuration.

Last edited by Lovel; 26th December 2018 at 11:07..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2018, 11:11   #9
markypicks
Gets stuck in

thanks for info bro he seems quite positve he can sort it hes even lent me a little runner bout till he sorts it i will go down and see him tomorow id give him your info rgds mark
Old 26th December 2018, 11:26   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
thanks for info bro he seems quite positve he can sort it hes even lent me a little runner bout till he sorts it i will go down and see him tomorow id give him your info rgds mark
Hi Mark.
Save your self some sorrow and contact Big Russ, or Marina Brian, I am sure if they see this thread they will point you in the right direction 100%

Using the EWS ECU and key from another car is not the best way to go let the guru's sort it for you.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287276

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...2143595823&z=6

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote