Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th December 2018, 20:04   #8871
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Did 330 mile round trip today in the Tourer from here on the Essex coast over to Lates near Rugby,Warwickshire and back to have him and his mate change the cam belts,pulleys and water pump on the V6. Not the best day to drive that far weather wise but glad they're done now.
Watching Lates and his mate change the belts was fun. No drama,no rushing about but job all done and the Tourer ready to drive back home again in about two and half hours.
Even got back home in time to watch the football on telly down my mates place and our team won !
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 11:48   #8872
Captain Crappycrimp
Gets stuck in

Devil car is dead!

Dove my reclaimed ZZT down to Barton and swapped it for a rover 75 with Trikey and have him a long list of things to fix on the poor abused old girl (previous owner not me) if it was any other car she’d have been sold or scrapped no doubt Andy will find more wrong with her but I want her better than new as she was in my original ownership before I stupidly sold her 6 years ago.

2003 Le mans Green MG ZTT 1.8T, 2003 MG ZT CDTI BRG, ZT 190 Typhoon, 2001 Rover 75 1.8 Tourer , 2002 solar red MG ZTT 177, 2005 Silver MG ZTT CDTI, 2001 Trophy Blue MG ZT (Early No 131) 160, 2004 XPG MG ZT CDTI.
2004 MG ZT Ignition Blue MG Press car/Pheonix 4 personal car. Rover 75 CDT top spec Cowley car. 2003 MG ZT 190+ white Gold.

Couldn't save

MG ZT 1.8T XPG 2005 MG ZTT Goodwood Green(Devil car)

MY PROJECT

2004 MG ZTT Diesel auto in disappointing grey.
Captain Crappycrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 16:25   #8873
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Well, my 'slouch-mobile' as the wife calls her is back on the road after a 3 month total rear undercarriage replacement. Subject to a shake-down test drive tomorrow, thats hopefully all I'm doing to the old girl this year. I was considering renovating the old subframe but I think its just fit for the scrappy, along with all the rotten arms. I did manage to save the 5 month old springs, which were the incorrect type, so will flog them, the new and proper ones make the car sit much higher and now 'correct' !! Feel like Xmas has come early
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 16:49   #8874
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

Fitted a new luggage cover handle for my tourer...

This is a BMW part but is identical. The previous one had been 'repaired' by an oaf who had drilled lots of extra holes to bodge it into place

Tourer slowly being brought up to my standard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (11.3 KB, 123 views)
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Scaramanga; 16th December 2018 at 16:53..
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 18:54   #8875
Mr bountyfull
Gets stuck in

MGZTV8

Default 260 Video to look for in January

Well today I took my 260 to be video'd by a Youtuber by the name of Jayemm. I met James early 2014 when searching for a car to run on a round the UK charity drive.........

Well any way I travelled over to James Martin(Jayemm) arriving for 10 am today as scheduled. I had been a little concerned with regards to the weather, travelling I saw 1 degree and even on the motorway you could feel the lack of grip!

No worries though everything went to plan I think (James will still have to see that all the footage was captured) I have to say he rather liked the car. There were a few errors as he regurgitated information he was provide verbally that morning or in emails the preceding day. I let it go as it leads to on-line chat/corrections!

James discusses lightly the 75 through to the car that is mine with what i took as a honest and fair take on the cars (He likes them)

The video should be up for viewing sometime in January all going to plan.

Luckily for you all I am not seen or heard I think.There is no need for the least photogenic Scot (me) ruining the show!!!!!!!!!

Regards Steve
Mr bountyfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2018, 21:46   #8876
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadomobile View Post
Dove my reclaimed ZZT down to Barton and swapped it for a rover 75 with Trikey and have him a long list of things to fix on the poor abused old girl (previous owner not me) if it was any other car she’d have been sold or scrapped no doubt Andy will find more wrong with her but I want her better than new as she was in my original ownership before I stupidly sold her 6 years ago.
Twas a cold drive home, 1 deg c on the outside temp display, and no heater fan!

That is the first job I will be tackling Richard.
Old 18th December 2018, 16:29   #8877
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Manifold now in the bag!

Decided to take all you peeps advice and remove the manifold on my R75 cdt to do the de-coke job.
Such any easy task to unbolt it to tbh, I don't know why I was so hesitant at first.
Tried it first with Mr. Muscle oven cleaner foam for an hour .... not that good tbh, it removed the sooty and oily crud but hasn't touched the harder baked on coke... just softened it up a bit so hopefully the oven bag idea will have better results.
Borrowed the wifes oven cleaner (the bag type), poured it all in the manifold openings, put it in the bag and gave it a good shake for about 10 minutes.
It's now outside cooking as I type, probably won't go back to it until tomorrow morning and then i'll attack it with the pressure washer ... if it doesn't die first! (it's making some horrible noises).
Will post up results tomorrow at some point.
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 19:34   #8878
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well after a 115 mile round trip in the ZT yesterday, and after taking the dog for a walk this morning, I decided it would be a good idea to jack up the car for a bit of much needed maintenance.

So around 10.30, I had the front wheels off, the back end on ramps, and the front up on stands.

By 1PM, the exhaust was off, the subframe removed, the gearbox drained and the driveshafts removed.

Cue a phone call to interrupt proceedings, so an 1800T ECM was opened up and returned to virgin state, just in time to flash up the kettle and waffle on about life in general.

So tomorrow will see the starter off, gearchange cables, then the gearbox itself.

It should be interesting to compare the new genuine MGR clutch to that of the five week old LUK item, and to see what is the likely cause of the DMF failure.

Ho hum, onward and upward

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 00:02   #8879
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Very interested in your findings about the LUK, and the reason that it all appears to have gone t1t’$ up in such a short time. Happy new year?
Old 28th December 2018, 16:01   #8880
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
Decided to take all you peeps advice and remove the manifold on my R75 cdt to do the de-coke job.
Such any easy task to unbolt it to tbh, I don't know why I was so hesitant at first.
Tried it first with Mr. Muscle oven cleaner foam for an hour .... not that good tbh, it removed the sooty and oily crud but hasn't touched the harder baked on coke... just softened it up a bit so hopefully the oven bag idea will have better results.
Borrowed the wifes oven cleaner (the bag type), poured it all in the manifold openings, put it in the bag and gave it a good shake for about 10 minutes.
It's now outside cooking as I type, probably won't go back to it until tomorrow morning and then i'll attack it with the pressure washer ... if it doesn't die first! (it's making some horrible noises).
Will post up results tomorrow at some point.
Not sure if this helps but one of the tricks I read to remove baked-on coke (the article was about changing leaking diesel injector seals) is copious amounts of Coca-Cola (other brands available). No experience of this myself but cheap enough to try.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote