Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th November 2018, 22:36   #171
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Lee. I am not recommending Halfords service dept. I mean Nextbase support dept.Sorry for the misconception.
Old 28th November 2018, 20:47   #172
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Lee. I am not recommending Halfords service dept. I mean Nextbase support dept.Sorry for the misconception.
Haha, I did wonder
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 21:02   #173
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I recently got the nextbase 312GW Wi-Fi dashcam It's a good clear picture that can pick out number plates clearly and I can upload the content via Wi-Fi to my mobile phone, as I live in an area where a certain section of the population think crash for cash is a way to make a living It's a must these days.

The software that comes with it is very good indeed with tons of information when connected with your PC, plus one thing I've only just noticed is they have a section to directly uploaded dashcam footage to your local police force

I've not used that option it yet but was sorely tempted by one utter idiot a few weeks ago who drove like a maniac.
I uploaded a video to youtube of a trip around the block just to see the quality of the picture.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 08:17   #174
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I recently got the nextbase 312GW Wi-Fi dashcam It's a good clear picture that can pick out number plates clearly and I can upload the content via Wi-Fi to my mobile phone, as I live in an area where a certain section of the population think crash for cash is a way to make a living It's a must these days.

The software that comes with it is very good indeed with tons of information when connected with your PC, plus one thing I've only just noticed is they have a section to directly uploaded dashcam footage to your local police force

I've not used that option it yet but was sorely tempted by one utter idiot a few weeks ago who drove like a maniac.
I uploaded a video to youtube of a trip around the block just to see the quality of the picture.

I couldn’t see any bumps in the video and assume it’s because of onboard image stability. What about rear views? One of the problems in Kenya is traffic police and getting pulled over. A favourite move is when I am asked to step out from the car and to go round to the back, then getting hit with the bribe scenario. The conversation usually starts with “this is a serious offence or have you a little extra for me”. Rear view evidence would be useful for these occasions. The government have an anti corruption department and are doing their best to tackle it with covert video evidence. Of course I realise this would not happen in the UK - Police corruption.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 10:19   #175
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I couldn’t see any bumps in the video and assume it’s because of onboard image stability. What about rear views? One of the problems in Kenya is traffic police and getting pulled over. A favourite move is when I am asked to step out from the car and to go round to the back, then getting hit with the bribe scenario. The conversation usually starts with “this is a serious offence or have you a little extra for me”. Rear view evidence would be useful for these occasions. The government have an anti corruption department and are doing their best to tackle it with covert video evidence. Of course I realise this would not happen in the UK - Police corruption.

Yes it's a very stable image Phil and a nice bit o kit too, I have another dashcam kit I had on the Rover that I'm going to put in the Niro, I just haven't got around to putting it in yet.

I bought another micro SD card off ebay to put in it but heaven knows where I've put it
Different ball game altogether there and I guess without evidence you'd just have to cough up.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 23:20   #176
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yes it's a very stable image Phil and a nice bit o kit too, I have another dashcam kit I had on the Rover that I'm going to put in the Niro, I just haven't got around to putting it in yet.

I bought another micro SD card off ebay to put in it but heaven knows where I've put it
Different ball game altogether there and I guess without evidence you'd just have to cough up.

The wider the angle of view, the more stable it will seem to be.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 20:09   #177
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The angle on the Nextbase 312 is 140 deg. I have had a 202 Nextbase in the rear window of mine, and notice that sometimes, if people try to get in your boot, they notice the camera and back off.