Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2018, 08:50   #1
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Hmmmm very interesting the 2 conditions started around the same time and in a lack of apparent cause for the testicular pain, that would suggest it's connected. Found this....

Genitofemoral neuralgia causes intermittent or constant inguinal, testicular, and upper medial thigh pain. ... Neuralgia results from nerve entrapment following appendectomy or a hernia repair. Neurectomy of the genitofemoral nerve within the abdomen brings relief.

Have they considered this?

And I chose to read Wes, don't worry about me having to put up lol but def no need to show me when we finally meet
Old 13th January 2018, 09:01   #2
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post

Genitofemoral neuralgia causes intermittent or constant inguinal, testicular, and upper medial thigh pain. ... Neuralgia results from nerve entrapment following appendectomy or a hernia repair. Neurectomy of the genitofemoral nerve within the abdomen brings relief.
Oh good lord!

And I thought having it in your gums was bad enough!!!!
Old 13th January 2018, 10:04   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady zed View Post
Hmmmm very interesting the 2 conditions started around the same time and in a lack of apparent cause for the testicular pain, that would suggest it's connected. Found this....

Have they considered this?

And I chose to read Wes, don't worry about me having to put up lol but def no need to show me when we finally meet
Blooming ek! Neuralgia of the testicles, you got to be kidding me, that would explain everything. I thought my GP was joking when I mentioned to him in humour that it feels like I have neuralgia of the testicle, he said something like it is possible... but he said it with laughter, so I thought he was joking.

I wonder... would this explain why I get the horrendous ache in the groin area, and down my leg to my foot. This gets very painful and effects my walking (or should I say limping). When the pain is at its worst, my leg doesn't want to work properly, must be due to the pain I guest. Plus my ankle joint cracks/clicks during movement, this only happens when my right testicle, right leg and foot are in pain. When the pain in the right testicle reduces, the groin pain, leg and foot pain stops, also no more cracking in my ankle joint. It sounds as though a nerve is getting trapped, or the swelling in the testicle is pressing against a main nerve which is effecting the leg and foot... It just sounds so obvious to me...

I've not had a appendectomy or a hernia repair though, but still! there must be a connection somewhere. I will certainly mention this to the doc next week, surely the Urologist should know more about this, or maybe I need to see a Neurologist again.

Anna, Thank you for taking the time to search for some answers, I am very much grateful for your input. Oh! and... I've had them examined enough times now, I'm not at all shy you know. lol I'll have Kev sorting me out in a minute.

I'm off down the scrapyard with Ian G later today, I haven't told Ian yet that he may have to hold me up as I'm in some discomfort this morning. I'm sure I can get him to give me a Darydog (Clive's Doctor) massage do you think he will mind?

So if anyone wants us to look for some easy to take off parts, give me a shout, we will try our best.

Last edited by Dallas; 13th January 2018 at 13:19..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 12:12   #4
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Blooming ek! Neuralgia of the testicles, you got to be kidding me, that would explain everything. I thought my GP was joking when I mentioned to him in humour that it feels like I have neuralgia of the testicle, he said something like it is possible... but he said it with laughter, so I though he was joking.

I wonder... would this explain why I get the horrendous ache in the groin area, and down my leg to my foot. This gets very painful and effects my walking (or should I say limping). When the pain is at its worst, my leg doesn't want to work properly, must be due to the pain I guest. Plus my ankle joint cracks/clicks during movement, this only happens when my right testicle, right leg and foot are in pain. When the pain in the right testicle reduces, the groin pain, leg and foot pain stops, also no more cracking in my ankle joint. It sounds as though a nerve is getting trapped, or the swelling in the testicle is pressing against a main nerve which is effecting the leg and foot... It just sounds so obvious to me...

I've not had a appendectomy or a hernia repair though, but still! there must be a connection somewhere. I will certainly mention this to the doc next week, surely the Urologist should know more about this, or maybe I need to see a Neurologist again.

Anna, Thank you for taking the time to search for some answers, I am very much grateful for your input. Oh! and... I've had them examined enough times now, I'm not at all shy you know. lol I'll have Kev sorting me out in a minute.

I'm off down the scrapyard with Ian G later today, I haven't told Ian yet that he may have to hold me up as I'm in some discomfort this morning. I'm sure I can get him to give me a Darydog (Clive's Doctor) massage do you think he will mind?

So if anyone wants us to look for some easy to take off parts, give me a shout, we will try our best.
Yeah that was just a very quick hit. Google 'neuralgia testicular pain' and it brings up loads of info! Def worth mentioning to your GP.

I'll let Kev know, give him something to look forward to
Old 13th January 2018, 12:40   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Whilst dealing with my other issues with the doc, I chucked into the mix that I get a very occasional pain on one side of my face, from jaw around the temple, to the top of my head. A sharp stabbing pain which can come and usually be gone in seconds. I only mentioned it because one day I suffered it all day on and off, then it swapped to the other side of my face. She suggested that was most likely neuralgia.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 17:10   #6
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Whilst dealing with my other issues with the doc, I chucked into the mix that I get a very occasional pain on one side of my face, from jaw around the temple, to the top of my head. A sharp stabbing pain which can come and usually be gone in seconds. I only mentioned it because one day I suffered it all day on and off, then it swapped to the other side of my face. She suggested that was most likely neuralgia.
Hi Harry, That certainly sounds like Type 1 Trigeminal Neuralgia which is happening on two nerve branches for you, also bilateral (bothsides).
Old 13th January 2018, 17:23   #7
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

I've had a major insure years ago with my..................... bits, when I was competing in kickboxing.

I got hell of a kick too my groin and for 2 weeks straight my testies were in agony and when I went too see my GP about it.

They thought I'd damaged a part of the vain, I can't remember what the exact vain is called, It gave me hell of a lot of pain even peeing was a nightmare.

I thought had too have surgery on it, Fine god it healed.

Hope this can be sorted Wes.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 17:44   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
I've had a major insure years ago with my..................... bits, when I was competing in kickboxing.

I got hell of a kick too my groin and for 2 weeks straight my testies were in agony and when I went too see my GP about it.

They thought I'd damaged a part of the vain, I can't remember what the exact vain is called, It gave me hell of a lot of pain even peeing was a nightmare.

I thought had too have surgery on it, Fine god it healed.

Hope this can be sorted Wes.
Thanks Dave, I thought you would be along, you being a weight lifter and into martial arts. Its so very easy to do damage to the body during sports isn't it, not forgetting occupation/professions being the biggest killer to our bodies. I've always thought myself when I use to weight train, then being on the building, that I've done my body damaged somewhere along the way.

Thanks for the wishes mate.
Old 13th January 2018, 14:26   #9
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

I'm off down the scrapyard with Ian G later today, I haven't told Ian yet that he may have to hold me up as I'm in some discomfort this morning.
Sounds a bit drastic - Don't go - I'm sure you can be sorted out and I ain't sure I'd want any of your parts I have enough trouble with my own

Seriously tho, I hope you get some answers next week.Talking to one of my neighbours yesterday, he had very similar problems; not so much swelling but groin pain - said he felt like he'd been kicked in the jewels, pain down the leg and knee and clicking ankle pain. Turned out to be his hip! the ankle clicking was caused because his walking gait had changed. Some more food for thought perhaps

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 16:32   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Sounds a bit drastic - Don't go - I'm sure you can be sorted out and I ain't sure I'd want any of your parts I have enough trouble with my own

Seriously tho, I hope you get some answers next week.Talking to one of my neighbours yesterday, he had very similar problems; not so much swelling but groin pain - said he felt like he'd been kicked in the jewels, pain down the leg and knee and clicking ankle pain. Turned out to be his hip! the ankle clicking was caused because his walking gait had changed. Some more food for thought perhaps
Lol, I see what you mean you certainly could read my post that way. You'll be glad to know I'm all intact, I still feel like I'm permanently being kicked in the balls though.

I had my doubts about posting this kind of topic, but I am so glad that I did. It has helped me realised that I'm not the only one to suffer this type of condition, there seems to be many stories like mine with very similar symptoms. I actually thought I must be the only one to have all these strange unrecognised symptoms, it makes you feel like you're going mad, loosing the plot so to speak.