Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th May 2023, 18:47   #1
littleun
Avid contributor

2002 rover 75 cdt auto connoisseur saloon

Default Times up after 11 great years

Sorry to say am having to put my rover 75 cdt up for sale as it looks like it needs another automatic gearbox, cannot do it due to health and age letting me down, would love another but finance lets me down so will have to look at motability cars, any idea about a rough guide as how much I could ask for it, has 8 months MOT has a 7 inch android fitted, 4 new tyres fitted about 12 month ago,
littleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2023, 19:22   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleun View Post
Sorry to say am having to put my rover 75 cdt up for sale as it looks like it needs another automatic gearbox, cannot do it due to health and age letting me down, would love another but finance lets me down so will have to look at motability cars, any idea about a rough guide as how much I could ask for it, has 8 months MOT has a 7 inch android fitted, 4 new tyres fitted about 12 month ago,
first, another? gearbox? What happened the previous one?
Related to this, what symptoms? Although doubtful,it may be a case of a reset. Could be a solenoid, an unpleasant job, because it is a little awkward, but parts costs including fluid £75-100.
Could be a fluid change - fluid cost £56 for a complete change.

As far as the value, with a dodgy gearbox, I would suggest scrap value unfortunately.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2023, 07:00   #3
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
first, another? gearbox? What happened the previous one?
Related to this, what symptoms?
Here's the full story Alan.

Simon
Old 27th May 2023, 14:07   #4
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleun View Post
You might as well persevere with this one. second hand gearbox from scrapyard £100 will give you all the spares you need. You can just swap over the main clutch assembly in one move , as you well know. some come with their control unit as well attatched so that would rule that out. Even if you need to change the box over complete , i doubt it would cost that much swapped like for like. Have a weeks rest from it and consider your options before you get shot as i know you will regret it ... and cost you money...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2023, 23:19   #5
littleun
Avid contributor

2002 rover 75 cdt auto connoisseur saloon

thanks for all advice, @xsport what part is the main clutch assembly as I changes everything from reverse piston to the low reverse sprag as a needle bearing had fallen out and chewed up the low clutch drum, shown in photo if uploaded ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (59.7 KB, 28 views)
littleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2023, 09:38   #6
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

What i mean is swap the whole lot over complete .from inside one from a good scrappy. It all comes out as one and dont mix your old parts with it. You have got some parts that have , i would think been compromised by that bearing breakup. Worth a punt . change the lot drums/cylinders/pistons. You have the early model so pick a second hand mk2 autobox that does have the uprated reverse piston. You have access to the speed sensor and other parts to change over ,whilst in there and also you will have a full set of spare solenoids from the scrappy. Go on ,last big push at it .. roll your sleeves up , buy a can of spinnage and go for it .... These gearboxes are good and hopefully see you out !!! ....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote