Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th September 2011, 22:51   #31
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Didn't think anyone would notice the water leak

The area that I took these shots was in Troon just behind the timber yard.
I believe the ramp was built during the war for landing craft.
It is now breaking up in places and last year I photographed my Vitesse there after manoeuvering it over a large gap onto the last couple of slabs.
It made some brilliant photos and one was featured in the SD1 club calendar, September actually so I have it in front of me this month.

This is one of the shots taken that day just to show the location.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 29th October 2017 at 17:26..
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 20:17   #32
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Just looking through some of the photos I've taken of my "mods" since purchasing my V6 and thought I'd share them with you guys.

The difference between power washing regularly or not,
look below to see the two covers taken from both my 75's, one since new (02) and now with 111k the V6 basically the same age (52) and now with 40k. Can you tell which is which, they have both been sand blasted and this shows them with a couple of coats of primer.

The top one which is the worst is from the lower mileage V6. I have regularly power washed the (02 diesel ) since new.

I had noticed some leaves and rubbish lying in the upper channel of my V6 and was quite shocked when I found this after removing the top cover.

Some little critter had been chewing away for some time, this is the engine.

And this is how much material I sucked out. I was very lucky the wiring had not been damaged but you can just make out where they had chewed the insulation on the injectors.

More "mods" to follow JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 13:51..
Old 5th October 2011, 20:28   #33
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

On my SD1 Vitesse I had fitted extra floor lights and found them to be very useful, so I aquired 4 front repeater lamps courtesy of "Rotrex" (thanks Tam) and have fitted them front and rear substituting the bulbs for clear ones.
Here is one of the front panels with lamp fitted and ready for re fitting.

And here are the two brackets for the rear seats complete with lamps.

This shows the brackets fitted to the underside of the seat which I had to remove to gain proper access.

Final result to the front.

And to the rear.

Quite a difference JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 13:53.. Reason: re attach missing photos
Old 5th October 2011, 21:52   #34
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Excellent Jim a How to is required I think
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 22:58   #35
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thanks Neale

Sorry I havent given too much detail, and in my haste I had a double set of photos on photobucket so I deleted them only to find 3 of the 4 were the ones pasted onto the topic so I had to edit them back in.

I also have not mentioned that the sandblasted panels were from the harness covers under the rear wing, but of course everyone knew that.
I gave them several coats of paint before they were re fitted.

As for the lights I cheated a bit and took some instructions from another topic on this as per wiring onto the interior light and routing the cables down the pillars, but the rear seat brackets were my own idea. I had to remove the seat bolts but not the wiring to raise them up enough to gain access for drilling the holes. I also had to release the cable tensioner ( I think it's something connected to the seat belts ) from under the seat.

Getting the wiring to the rear is a matter of removing some of the plastic trim (carefully) and using an old speedo cable to get the wires passed under the carpet.
As for the lights I bonded them in place as some of the retaining clips were broken off.
I also opted to mount the front lights perpendicular rather than horizontal but that was just a matter of choice.

JYJ
Old 5th October 2011, 23:17   #36
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

While I on a roll
Here are some of my previous mods.

My stainless grille which took me two days work to get done along with some other jobs i.e. modified shannon tube and some painwork.

Shannon Tube mod below

and my cruise control resume on/off switch mod

This gives better control without having to lower your hands from the driving position.

And just in case you have noticed the above photo is from the diesel conny with lighter interior trim.

This shows my original front head restraints fitted to the rear after fitting the "pre pro drive" ones to the front.

I think I will shorten the stalks on these to let them sit down slightly, but I wanted to try them first as they are.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 13:55..
Old 6th October 2011, 07:29   #37
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

You have one well sorted 75.Mines being very neglected lately,have a ton a mods waiting to get done but cant get at her.Just bought a tomcat last week so that didnt help either
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2011, 09:14   #38
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thanks Neale
Both the Missus & I just love our cars, normally she would have wanted to change hers after around 4 years but its now approaching 9 years and it was on her approval that we added the V6.
I actually prefer the interior moonstone colour to my ash grey but to swop them over would be a heck of a work. I'm thinking if hers was be going to be sold of course.
Ive just been given the nod for some extra wood trim for the dash for my forthcoming "21st" birthday so I will be organising this today from Simon.
I also have a couple of rather nice mods for the future but I'm going to keep them under wraps until their done but in the meantime will continue with starting a clean up regime of the brake and suspension, weather permitting as the garage is full of cars, my SD1 & Vanden Plas 1300.
I just hate to see them all rusty, I had just stripped my Vectra SRi both front & rear assemblies out last year and sandblasted and painted them to look like new then the V6 came along. Anyway the SRi is still in the family as my sister and brother in law now have it.
The V8 no. plate gets some attention with it being a V6 but this was purchased a couple of years back and although I cannot use it on my SD1 I always had a hankering for a V8 Jag. I could of course either buy V6 which is still available or stick a V8 badge on the boot, did think of it but just don't know, maybe.

JYJ
ps good luck with the Tomcat they're really nice especially the convertible, lots of them over in Malta

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 6th October 2011 at 09:16.. Reason: added text
Old 6th October 2011, 09:52   #39
Johnny the Fox
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Saloon and MGF SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
That photo shows how low and sleek those beautiful SD1s were - I think that is the best colour for them too.
David Bache was the designer/stylist for the SD1. The body flutes and front indicator styling was borrowed from a Ferrari Testarossa ,if i remember rightly.

The SD1 was my first Rover, but unfortunately it was executed rather badly in some respects due to Rovers merger with Leyland and the subsequent revisions by the Leyland 'bean counters'. Lovely cars though
Old 6th October 2011, 10:28   #40
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

The SD1 was created by both David Bache (stylist) and Spen King (designer) and yes it did have some Ferrari infuence but not the Testarrosa but the Daytona.
It did suffer from a poor build quality in the early years but the latter ones were actually quite good.
When you compare it to our 75's the difference is amazing but the two cars are decades apart on design and technology.
I still love my Vitesse and the growl from the exhaust and it certainly turns a few heads even at 25 years old.

JYJ