Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th April 2019, 15:41   #1
Pumpwater
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Firefrost Red

Default What a pain!

First proper day out in the TF today, glorious weather, top down & Mrs Pumpwater decided she wanted to go to Barnard Castle.

I was just a few minutes from home & passed a BMW (1 series) half parked on the pavement, didn't notice there was someone inside. Just as I drew level she swung open the drivers door & smash went the N/S mirror. I drove a little way up & turned around to see her scuttling across the road to a house on the other side. As I drew close she had another woman with her from the house.

The first thing she said was "what you going to do like", I said she will have to pay for it (some hope!) but she went on the offensive & said she wasn't opening the door, & she was backed up by the other woman who said she was watching from the upstairs window. They were both covered in tattoos & built like brick sh*t .............. s

She accused me of driving too close, I could only have hit her wing mirror & I wasn't close enough, anyway it was undamaged.

Then as a parting shot she said I shouldn't be driving as I'm too old & that hurt most of all, although 72 I'm quite sprightly for my advanced years!

So now I'm going to have to source a mirror, it's the black mirror surround that is in several pieces & left on the road, so if I can get one I can probably get away with not having to paint it