Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Cumbria & North Lancs
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd May 2011, 15:17   #1
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Photos From the Hartlepool Meet 22.05.11

Well, despite the weather doing it's best to rain on our parade, literally, there was a great turnout to the meet organised by 2Diesels and Suzublu.

I met up with Freebyrd, Trikey and a special guest visitor, Stocktake, at the now infamous Easington Services. We did wait for the rest of the contingent to catch up with us (honest) but as fate transpired and as it was the "Colin Convoy", it didn't really happen.

As such we left Easington services after being assured by Freebyrd that "he knew the way, nee bother". I can now say I know all of the car parks located around Hartlepool Marina and they all have their own unique charm. Even more so when we four were driving around a car park on the opposite side of the Marina to everyone else, but we made it at last, and a fine turn out it was indeed. I'll apologise now if I get names, forum names and cars mixed up.....

As this was my first meet, it was great to meet everyone, and a pleasure to see a fine bunch of automobiles gathered together - we even had a stranger wander over for a good look, and I am sure a few of the pirates were coveting our collective booty's.

Once Photobucket starts behaving, I'll put some photos up - we all managed to take some despite the occasional downpour and roar of cannon and musket fire. When you are not expecting it, it can't half give you a surprise.

Big thanks to Colin and Ronnie for sorting this out - very much appreciated and looking forward to the next one!

All lined up, a fair range of colours, apart from those with the bad taste to show up with the same colour car tsk tsk........

Starting off, we have Colins ZT-T, and Fred's 75:

Followed closely by some dodgy car, with a rather glorious Dave owned 75 behind:

Glorious indeed, shadowed by Andys ZT:

Brians non diesel Tourer, and next to that Richards 75:

Another nice 75, this time it's Barry's, who was accompanied by his son - nice to meet them both while Brain worked his T4 magic:

Keiths car next, a pleasure to meet him and his good lady wife, Ronnies rather nice 75 in the background, I thought I had a better picture but alas, no:

Another couple present, BlueJon & Jan, only met them very briefly, very nice couple hope I can chat more with them at another meet - Brians ZT-T in the background, after it's monumental Marina car park tour:

A shot looking up the field:

And then some rear end action:

I may not have got Ronnies front, but I grabbed his best feature:

Some more rear end action:

Late comer Steve, who brought Lee down, sneaks into someones empty space:

And just to prove we were there, some boats:

At the risk of repeating myself, a genuine pleasure to meet everyone, a very friendly bunch and it was great to put names to faces. I would have got some pics of Trikeys car but he was off stuffing his face somewhere - don't think I missed anyone else but no doubt more pics will be forthcoming from other attendees.

Last edited by ZedTeeTee; 22nd May 2011 at 16:53..
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:57   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Yes indeed,this was my first meet too,I won't put photos on because mine aren't that good. As Chris said ,a fine display of cars,some good advice obtained and shared, a few niggles sorted out thanks to Brian and his T4, and a couple of pressies received ,thank you very much Chris.
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:15   #3
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Flickr to the rescue!!!
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:35   #4
ady
Posted a thing or two

ZT 135+ CDTI

Very nice looks like a good turn out wish i could of made it
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:35   #5
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

nice photos chris that red mg looks very nice
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:39   #6
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Good to see some pics of the cars up north, or though I did recognise a few of them. Glad you had a good day
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:41   #7
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Yes indeed,this was my first meet too,I won't put photos on because mine aren't that good. As Chris said ,a fine display of cars,some good advice obtained and shared, a few niggles sorted out thanks to Brian and his T4, and a couple of pressies received ,thank you very much Chris.
Pleasure to meet you Richard, happy to be able to help out with a couple of little bits and pieces.

Made a few deals myself so not a bad day for me either...

Cheers guys!
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:50   #8
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Aye, just had a little run out today on the spur of the moment to see some nice people with strange accents

Shame about the hailstones Was nice once the weather picked up to chat with everyone. Look forward to seeing you all again

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:01   #9
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Aye, just had a little run out today on the spur of the moment to see some nice people with strange accents

Shame about the hailstones Was nice once the weather picked up to chat with everyone. Look forward to seeing you all again
A pleasant surprise to see you & that extremely svelt Marina today Dave Hope you enjoyed some northern hospitality
suzublu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:07   #10
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

nice photo's chris,including the one of the red mg lol,
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote