Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd October 2017, 21:32   #491
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

I subscribe to the Adobe Photography plan. I use Lightroom and Photoshop but recently noticed something called Portfolio. I had a play and this is what I have created.

http://www.paulstickley.com/

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 22:49   #492
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I subscribe to the Adobe Photography plan. I use Lightroom and Photoshop but recently noticed something called Portfolio. I had a play and this is what I have created.

Hi Paul, thanks for the link. I had a look at your portfolio and it’s format is nicely presented. Looks clean and professional. Do you choose it’s content or does it depend on the libraries you have stored, does the arrangements for you? I was on the Adobe monthly plan, but pulled out of it at the end of August.

You have treated yourself to a G glass lens of premium quality. I look forward to seeing some more of your work. Thank you for sharing. I have been waiting to return to Kenya before getting back into photography. Summer has just started and hopefully I will get the chance to play with the Oly and it’s lenses
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 23:13   #493
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Paul, thanks for the link. I had a look at your portfolio and it’s format is nicely presented. Looks clean and professional. Do you choose it’s content or does it depend on the libraries you have stored, does the arrangements for you? I was on the Adobe monthly plan, but pulled out of it at the end of August.

You have treated yourself to a G glass lens of premium quality. I look forward to seeing some more of your work. Thank you for sharing. I have been waiting to return to Kenya before getting back into photography. Summer has just started and hopefully I will get the chance to play with the Oly and it’s lenses
Hi Phil, hope you are well.

The images are completely my choice - the layout is one of several that can be chosen and then altered to some degree.

The images can be imported from other Adobe products or just uploaded from a PC as image files. I hope to polish up the presentation a little in the future.

The 18-105 G lens will be my general walk around lens when I want to go with just the camera and one lens. It is sharp enough and has nice contrast an colour. I am happy with it but not so happy with the British weather I am a little envious of the thought of you in Africa with the weather and subject matter.

I hope to see some images soon from your Olympus.

Old 23rd October 2017, 02:33   #494
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I got another car - I like it.

DSC02470-Edit.jpg
by Paul Stickley, on Flickr

DSC02475.jpg
Good morning Paul, congratulations in buying a new Merc, a lovely looking motor. A workhorse? A mate bought himself an AMG convertible last year after divorcing his wife and it’s something that helped him get back on track with his life again.

Thanks for the encouragement and for the Adobe heads up
Old 23rd October 2017, 09:10   #495
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Good morning Paul, congratulations in buying a new Merc, a lovely looking motor. A workhorse? A mate bought himself an AMG convertible last year after divorcing his wife and it’s something that helped him get back on track with his life again.

Thanks for the encouragement and for the Adobe heads up
Yes Phil the car will have to be practical. I need to be able to pick up bits for repairs around the place. I have bought a few small plastic sheets for when I need to transport a tractor wheel or other dirty object. The one thing it will not do so well is tow heavy trailers or carry fence posts etc, so we got
one of these http://www.parkers.co.uk/vans/review...n/navara/2005/

Between the two vehicles we are covered for most aspects of our daily life.

Last edited by Rocket; 23rd October 2017 at 09:15..
Old 23rd October 2017, 09:23   #496
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi Paul,

I've checked out your page and in the process of doing one myself now....Cheers for that

P.s, sent you a friend request on Facebook
Old 24th November 2017, 18:32   #497
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

I have not got the camera out much lately - too much else going on

Here is one I took earlier. I have had a new PC for a week or two and thought I better try some editing as that is the main reason I bought it.

Peacock Butterfly

Old 9th December 2017, 11:59   #498
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

I reached retiring age last week and have splashed out on something that will be my main hobby in future years.

I bought new camera gear yesterday and took these pics to try it out. It is a bit cold and I was soon feeling as if I had frostbite in my fingers.

These are not much to look at but do show the quality of the new gear.

Roll on some warmer weather.

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

Old 10th December 2017, 05:43   #499
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning Paul, such beautiful horse portraits, thank you very much. Congratulations on retirement and treating yourself to new gear? Perhaps you might have time for a safari in Kenya.

I have recently started practicing wildlife photography with the Olympus, but have not yet posted up the photos. I am still to get them onto Flickr. I am thinking of going back to Lightroom etc, I recently had to change my laptop and in migrating the files over, somehow the standalone LR which I had, with its licence number did not go through onto the new one.

The current software I have is fairly basic and lacking in cataloguing. I missed out on the Amazon Black Friday deal of the CC 12 months package at £69. It was priced at £112. Oh well
Old 10th December 2017, 07:42   #500
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Good morning Paul, such beautiful horse portraits, thank you very much. Congratulations on retirement and treating yourself to new gear? Perhaps you might have time for a safari in Kenya.

I have recently started practicing wildlife photography with the Olympus, but have not yet posted up the photos. I am still to get them onto Flickr. I am thinking of going back to Lightroom etc, I recently had to change my laptop and in migrating the files over, somehow the standalone LR which I had, with its licence number did not go through onto the new one.

The current software I have is fairly basic and lacking in cataloguing. I missed out on the Amazon Black Friday deal of the CC 12 months package at £69. It was priced at £112. Oh well

Thanks for kind comment Phil. I bought the Sony A7RIII , the 24-70 GM, the 70-200 GM, the 90mm G macro and a nifty 50.
The wife has not kicked me out which came a surprise.

It is pouring with rain today so I don't think the new gear will be taken out today Kenya sounds fantastic I must say. I have also said I will try to get around Britain now I have retired - got a decent car and camera.

As for Lightroom, it is a constant monthly expense but it is very good. I think each person has to weigh up the cost against how much use it will get.

I hope you are keeping well.

Paul