Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2007, 22:55   #11
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

If not to much on it Lates, Reformat and Load Good Old XP Pro.
If you haven't got a Copy of this and would like to go to that operating System.
PM me as Im sure I still have some unused Genuine New Discs and Licences.
What make Laptop did you get yourself?
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 23:05   #12
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Acer Aspire 5610Z nice lappy just cannot get on with the OS
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 04:48   #13
radi8or
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Thanks Bob, driver I had found ( though was concerned that it was a bit ' universal' and didn't mention 9700 in heading), tweekXP I had not, very comprehensive
Now I am worrying, I only have a microlight license , not a commercial pilot, looks as though it is flying a bit high for me !!!!
OK dumb question - if I remove/delete all the graphics drivers don't I loose the display and if I do, how do I then proceed ?

Have aquired today an old dell 850 at present with 2000 loaded, intend to wipe and load XP and get it connected then get into my problem, it is 2 years or so since evesham was blown out so I am sure it is well 'fluffed' up
The problem with computer being 'upset' when disconnected from mains has been around since new, we have learned to live with it, it had a few problems when new 'sorted' under g'tee
Its not out of the question to buy a new unit, its the aggravation that may (will) ensue that put us off !, what do you think of vista ?

Thanks
Andy

I'm no expert either, like a few of the guys on here, but have built a couple or three comps and any problems I tend to seek advice from forums like this or computer specific ones.
PC Advisor have a good forum not many queries go unanswered and they have an Absolute Beginners section. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm?go=users.home

Most of the drivers from ATI(Catalyst) and nVidia(ForceWare) cover a range of different cards, main difference will be 64bit or, 32bit which you will have.

Deleting old drivers reduces the risk of there being any conflicts between the new and old, once old ones are gone and you have rebooted system, Windows drivers will run your display, all be it in reduced resolution, 800 x 600 I think.

I personally will stick with XP as long as I can, the extra bells and whistles are not worth the bother, (conflicts with drivers, software incompatibilities and some hardware not working with it,) unless buying a new setup.
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:28   #14
andy
Avid contributor

ZT-T cdti automatic

Troubles and aggravation over for now I hope !

A mate who is alot more knowledgeable about these things came round, diagnosis graphics card, had a look round the 'dead pile' (I never throw anything away ) and excavated out a 32 bit card that he proceeded to fit and would you believe it display sorted, however as other issues remained a ' rebuilt' p4 was sourced , got it up and working with the exception of email, pulling our hair out over that, then read in paper tiscali had problems - just my luck - we assumed it was our settings - no prospect of any recompense from tiscali for the wasted hours ! - the man from Mumbia was no help at all

Anyway I have found out a bit more about computers and things seem back to normal, computer wise, even have got it looking much the same as before, amazing how you get used to things and how unsettling it is when things get changed !
Also turned out that we had an old driver installed for the hp G85 all in one, assumed the scanner was us, updated driver and all working again ! so management is well pleased (for the moment)
Now all I need is a new power supply and I might even have the old evesham up to speed again !
Now need to go wireless to connect them both to the net !

Andy
andy is offline   Reply With Quote