Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2013, 13:18   #51
DAS68
Posted a thing or two

2001 75 CDT Moonstone Green,160 Remap, Hairpins, Half Leather Contemporaryand knob, ZT wheel. TAZU.

I had a loose conection on one of the choc blocks I have now tested all 4 wheels by spinning the correct wheel 3 out of 4 have moved the spedo so I know the fault lies at the front passenger wheel, which is the sensor I replaced last week so I guess I should now replace that bearing?

So back to my other quiestion is there a how to for the front bearing ?

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome
DAS68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 13:25   #52
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS68 View Post
I had a loose conection on one of the choc blocks I have now tested all 4 wheels by spinning the correct wheel 3 out of 4 have moved the spedo so I know the fault lies at the front passenger wheel, which is the sensor I replaced last week so I guess I should now replace that bearing?

So back to my other quiestion is there a how to for the front bearing ?
Is the ABS light coming on and staying on straight away? If so, there's a problem with the sensor too. They can be dead on arrival or have a bit of copper grease on the sensor head if you used that to help ease the sensor in.

I'd get a garage to do the bearing replacement. You can do it if you have the correct size collars and a good bench vice. It's a whole lot easier with a hydraulic press.
Old 7th December 2013, 13:33   #53
DAS68
Posted a thing or two

2001 75 CDT Moonstone Green,160 Remap, Hairpins, Half Leather Contemporaryand knob, ZT wheel. TAZU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross R75 View Post
Is the ABS light coming on and staying on straight away? If so, there's a problem with the sensor too. They can be dead on arrival or have a bit of copper grease on the sensor head if you used that to help ease the sensor in.

I'd get a garage to do the bearing replacement. You can do it if you have the correct size collars and a good bench vice. It's a whole lot easier with a hydraulic press.

I used general purpose grease on it to get it in, The ABS light does come on and stay so I will try another sensor I have.

Old 7th December 2013, 13:37   #54
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
I used general purpose grease on it to get it in, The ABS light does come on and stay so I will try another sensor I have.
Try another sensor first. If it's a very tight fit, take some of the plastic ridge off of the side of the sensor with a stanley knife, it's held in place by the retaining bolt anyway.
Old 8th December 2013, 01:15   #55
kehall
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross R75 View Post
Is the ABS light coming on and staying on straight away? If so, there's a problem with the sensor too.
I don't think that's always the case... The system can remember a fault that appears when in motion and have the same effect (light always on without moving), even after swapping sensor for a good one.

The 'reset' in this case is to turn on ignition for a few seconds WITHOUT the sensor attached, turn off, then reconnect the sensor, and try ignition again. If the light goes out, the sensor is passing static tests - however it doesn't always mean it's 100% ok though (it may not read anything at all). See http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=163007
kehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 16:56   #56
DAS68
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissy1810 View Post
That's why I said use an m12 bolt, once you've tapped it in, you use the nut to pull it back out which files the hole clear for the new sensor to just drop in the hole
Can I just check this one with you Dissy, there is a what looks like metal rim down the hole on one side will I not damage this if I drive a bolt down the hole and pull it out again? is the rim the magnetic part of the bearing?

Old 8th December 2013, 17:24   #57
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Quote:
Can I just check this one with you Dissy, there is a what looks like metal rim down the hole on one side will I not damage this if I drive a bolt down the hole and pull it out again? is the rim the magnetic part of the bearing?
Screw the nut on to the bolt so the thread sticking out is no longer than the sensor, then when you knock it in it stops against the nut stopping it going in to far, then unscrew the nut and it will pull the bolt out and clear the hole at the same time
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote