Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th June 2009, 19:24   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default Information went over my head

Today I have been at SEWARDS with one of our 75's (WINDOW FAULT)
I have learnt, well! forgotten a few things regarding the Rover brand and Rover parts, to the life of me I cant remember what I was told or in what order.........

All I can remember is the words.....
Caterpillar.
Obviously Xpart.
Warranty.
Back Order.
Saic.
Nanjing.
Shanghai Automotive.
Roewe.
750E.
R7.
R6.

Oh! and the words 2010.....

Everything just went over my head....
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 20:01   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Don't panic Everything is under control.

X-Part are the worldwide wholesale distributers and manufactures of Rover and MG parts. The deal with other makes too but for now that is not important

They are owned by Caterpillar Logistics.

Now, X-Part are securing contracts to ensure ALL parts are available for our cars some of those contracts are with NAC and SAIC over in China so we can use the same parts being produced for the new Roewe 750 and for the MG7 but the process of ensuring the parts are compatible and up to X-Parts rigorous standards takes time, hence some of the lead-times being quoted are up to a couple of years away at least

This club has a very very good working relationship with X-Part - in fact we aim to build on this relationship which will enable us to provide feedback to X-Part and X-Part to us over parts and those things people are finding hard to source.

There are somethings (the infamous Premium grille surround being one) that are possibly still out of reach at the moment but other things such as rear windscreens that have recently been out of stock worldwide for sometime are now back in production and available to order from X-Part.

All-in-all the process and relationships are complicated at times but the end result is you get the parts you need to keep your vehicle on road.

Hope that helps
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 20:26   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thanks Simon!

Thanks for supplying that information, feel a bit more secure concerning the availability of Rover parts for our vehicles.

I have been in contact today with a lovely lady from XPART (Liz) what a lady of knowledge and very very helpful (FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE) I received.

Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote