Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2018, 06:06   #101
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Unilever have decided to move their headquarters from London to Rotterdam, wonder how many UK jobs will go on this move..they employ 7500 people in the UK. Not based on Brexit more takeover protection in Holland.

Last edited by rustymotor; 15th March 2018 at 06:10..
Old 15th March 2018, 07:58   #102
mbev51
Banned

Removed

We need to prepare ourselves for news of company relocations to mainland EU as we go through this year.
Old 15th March 2018, 08:15   #103
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
We need to prepare ourselves for news of company relocations to mainland EU as we go through this year.
Unilever said its 7,300 staff in the United Kingdom will be unaffected and it will continue to be listed in London, Amsterdam and New York. It’s only a small number of jobs and is part of corporate restructuring to Unilevers HQ in Rotterdam. Plans made ages ago and as Rustymotor said, it is nothing to do with Brexit
Old 15th March 2018, 09:16   #104
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

not enough words apparently
Old 15th March 2018, 09:22   #105
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I think Juncker will jump ship soon, he knows the negotiations with the UK has the potential to fragment the EU. So I guess he feels quit while you're ahead. He won't want to be captain of the titanic.

For a long time I held the view that the EU was way more inclined to French and German agriculture, if anyone can remember the French burning our sheep on the roadside, they had in mind that they were diseased.

When I was traveling in Europe by road, I would try and skirt around Paris at night and often took late ferries from Dover, one evening we sat on the car deck for 45 minutes, when we asked whats going on apparently, the French had blockaded the port looking for UK fish imports.

It's not always been plain sailing and it may be stormy rough seas ahead however, we Brits have a canny way of surviving and getting on with our lot. The US sent a clear message on our relationship and with the regard to the Russian atrocity, hope this will spill out on to new trade deals.
Old 15th March 2018, 10:17   #106
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
I think Juncker will jump ship soon, he knows the negotiations with the UK has the potential to fragment the EU. So I guess he feels quit while you're ahead. He won't want to be captain of the titanic.

For a long time I held the view that the EU was way more inclined to French and German agriculture, if anyone can remember the French burning our sheep on the roadside, they had in mind that they were diseased.

When I was traveling in Europe by road, I would try and skirt around Paris at night and often took late ferries from Dover, one evening we sat on the car deck for 45 minutes, when we asked whats going on apparently, the French had blockaded the port looking for UK fish imports.

It's not always been plain sailing and it may be stormy rough seas ahead however, we Brits have a canny way of surviving and getting on with our lot. The US sent a clear message on our relationship and with the regard to the Russian atrocity, hope this will spill out on to new trade deals.
I was backpacking around France at the time on a 2 week holiday and was told to remove the Union Jack from the back pack for my own safety. I remember how much the French hated the Brits and thought there was no chance of myself getting laid on my travels. Gosh, that is going back some.
Old 15th March 2018, 11:49   #107
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Junker? He is already planning his retirement – his term of office ends 2019 and he is required to vacate the wine cellar. Not just his retirement either.

His latest act of arrogance and personal ambition, not to mention his ‘legacy’, is to appoint into place this week his long term ally and friend as his deputy and vice-commissioner. Note: Vice – at the moment and on succession ‘full’ - commissioners are not elected and cannot be dismissed unless in very special and never- used circumstances. No change there then.

Truly amazing and very revealing that remainers and assorted doom Jeremiahs raise no objection to the abdication of national identity and welcome the subjugation to unelected commissars holding control over our destiny. This is communism by the front door and given the current unrest across the EU will not achieve its aims.

Poland today is waking to the belief they are, after 100 years of independence, once again being ruled by a foreign government that cannot be held accountable at a ballot box. That wonderful country risks becoming a tragedy once again.

This is how the young generation with absolutely no memory of earlier times and fed on bland promises of Equality that isn’t, become instrumental in regression in the face of so many who died for their future. What a waste. Not only of those selfless fathers and grandfathers but also the idea that they as a generation should be given the only opportunity to vote for it.

Last edited by wraymond; 15th March 2018 at 11:51..
Old 15th March 2018, 17:01   #108
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thank you John. I'm taking it as an omen. At the very second that was posted a letter dropped on the mat. A most acceptable Premium Bond prize. Nothing can go wrong now surely.
Old 15th March 2018, 17:50   #109
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Well - when you consider the huge areas of set aside - and the huge production of stuff like oil seed rape!!!
I wouldn't describe oil seed rape production as huge, it's probably 5% at most of total arable production ( not including fruit and veg). I don't think even if we cut half of the production of rape seed oil it would have any impact at all.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 15th March 2018, 18:07   #110
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Its certainly eye catching , probably why people notice more than any other crop.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Closed Thread