Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th November 2009, 20:09   #111
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Now I don't want to offend anyone but I reckon I can access my plenum drain completely in 1 minute, rod in 3 seconds and reassemble in 1 minute.
Why would I want to cut a big hole and fit a bung to enable me to rod from the top to save about 2 mins? The rodding hole only tells me the drain is blocked, it will not show me the heap of leaves in the corner of the plenum that are going to block my drain in the 1st heavy shower tomorrow?
Come on guys a 2 minute job every 2 weeks will ensure your plenum will not flood. Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 02:05   #112
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Plenum Mod's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goody View Post
Now I don't want to offend anyone but I reckon I can access my plenum drain completely in 1 minute, rod in 3 seconds and reassemble in 1 minute.
Why would I want to cut a big hole and fit a bung to enable me to rod from the top to save about 2 mins? The rodding hole only tells me the drain is blocked, it will not show me the heap of leaves in the corner of the plenum that are going to block my drain in the 1st heavy shower tomorrow?
Come on guys a 2 minute job every 2 weeks will ensure your plenum will not flood. Dave
Think you are only seeing half the picture Dave. Suggest, from scratch:-
a) Remove cover as if to change pollen filter.
b) Clean out all leaves and debris.
c) Rod through lower plenum with cane or similar.
d) Gently hose jet the plenum (look under car from front and see water exiting.
e) Make spy hole (25mm/97mm from line on plastic.) Fit 25mm blind grommet or bung.
f)Block large entry point near o/s/drivers side bonnet hinge with mesh, sponge, pond filter medium or Jules ready made grille (haven't seen it yet !)
Result:- no leaves, no blockages. Occasionally rod for 'dust' gunge and gently rinse plenum with hose jet.
It really is easy. I cannot understand the constant various ideas:- removing drain tubes etc etc etc Most times the pollen filter will last longer too, without smells ! !
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 23:03   #113
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Jules has now come up with a solution for the driver's side plenum...

Have a read here

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 21:52   #114
bootie
Regular poster

Rover 75 connoisseur se

I must be missing something, I replaced the plenums but I still get traces of water trickling down the passengers side interior mainly just on the inside kick wall moulding where it finishes ( under glove box inline with bottom of fuse door hinge), when it rains its a real nuisence as I have checked and replaced the plenum not sure what to check next...any suggestions guys!
bootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 11:20   #115
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootie View Post
I must be missing something, I replaced the plenums but I still get traces of water trickling down the passengers side interior mainly just on the inside kick wall moulding where it finishes ( under glove box inline with bottom of fuse door hinge), when it rains its a real nuisence as I have checked and replaced the plenum not sure what to check next...any suggestions guys!
If you are sure the drains are clear, and the plenums empty of water, I think you must consider the following and check whether this is the source of your water:

1. Is the windscreen leaking?
2. Does the car have a sun roof, and are the drain channels clear?
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:44   #116
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

HI All.
only had my lady two weeks and i have already found out loads from this great site and it's members whom share there knowledge,that make it easy for first time owners of the R75 much appreciated, I am now ready to take on the plemums having bought Jules Plenun Sheild, also the instuctions for the spy hole will be changing the pollen filter at the same time got all the operating tools together take a look below after taking a inspection today i saw the water just lying there which if i had never joined this site i would never known about how many 75 owners out there still do not relise this. So thanks to all will let you know how i got on and also take some pics as i go along or maybe a video of the job Arctic

PS the grey pipes are dolls house rods from an old wendy house of my daughters, was thinking of putting these inside the rubber tubes as they are more smooth inside and hoped less debris will stick just a thought

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 10th September 2012 at 17:54..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:08   #117
Jimbo123
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default plenam drains

Hi,
I have a 2004 pre face lift diesel and have checked the near side drain but can not get any where near the drivers side as it is blocked by the servo.
I read somewhere that there was only a near side hole on these later models - can any one confirm?

Thanks

Jimbo
Jimbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:12   #118
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo123 View Post
Hi,
I have a 2004 pre face lift diesel and have checked the near side drain but can not get any where near the drivers side as it is blocked by the servo.
I read somewhere that there was only a near side hole on these later models - can any one confirm?

Thanks

Jimbo
There was only a near side hole at the top on the later models. All models have the 2 lower plenum drains. Don't worry about the under servo one, as long as the one in the middle that you can see is clear, all ok Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:44   #119
Jimbo123
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default plenam drains

OK thanks for the reply

Jimbo
Jimbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 07:09   #120
Reebmit
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi, 205 GTi 1.9 (x 2), 205 CTi 1.9, 205 GTi Mi16, Ford C-Max 2.0 TDCi Ghia, MR2 GT

Did the bung mod last night, took about 5 mins, rodded it but thankfully no water, bone dry but have to say from now on checking it will be so........ simple, thanks for the info greatly appreciated. Used the 97mm from mould line perfect thanks.

Reebmit is offline   Reply With Quote