Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th January 2020, 17:16   #1
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

Default My car has been cloned

Got a letter today from Bedford council saying I'd got a bus lane charge
Thing is was nowhere near Bedford and they sent a picture which although not great resolution clearly shows the front number plate having two black capped screws in the white area and no border to the lettering
I've reported it to Norfolk police and given an incident reference
Probably get stopped quite a bit now as gone on national database
However be on the lookout for NA03YFV, X-power grey ZT
I always wave back so if waves at and no response probably an uninsured, untaxed and more that likely untested scumbag!
Russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 17:31   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Apparently this happens a lot in London to get around the congestion charges and I suspect it will get more prolific as other Cities and councils start imposing charges to drive you cars into there areas.

As you total scumbags but as our cars get rarer it will get harder for them to find one to clone.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 18:01   #3
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I got a bus lane penalty a few years ago, for Walsall where I definitely was not (Chairing a Council Planning Committee 75 miles away. Again the resolution was poor, it was a white car and I had a white Montego 2.0GTi at the time. When I looked closer the car was an Astra, and the operator had misread one letter of the number plate. Despite phoning all this information through, I still had to complete a form and await a discharge letter!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 18:21   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Over the years i have had two letters from the police about hit and run accidents. One when I had a Daimler 250 Saloon in either Plymouth or Portsmouth at 12.30 pm on a Saturday. Sorry I proved I was in Birmingham at 12.05 pm just leaving work. The last one was a hit and run at Luton at 5.30 pm. Proved I was at my friends from 4.00pm until 6.40pm by my wife’s diary. Seems as though they are all upto it one way or another.
Old 16th January 2020, 20:33   #5
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Never post pics on forums etc., showing your numberplate. The numbers can be checked online to see if the car has MOT, tax and insurance and Hey Presto, all criminals need is a set of numberplates and a similar car! Enthusiasts cars are generally looked after and rarely left without the above "essentials"! Too much "free" info available online in my opinion.
Old 16th January 2020, 20:42   #6
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default clown

Hi , very strange thinks happening same as me just not clown it is human lazy effort to do job properly, anyway on new year i was out of UK and MG was park at stansted airport and key with me ,however I have another car (connect) aparentley (sorry for spelling) my connect shoot out to Doncaster some strange road, make him self hardly see on photo and change shape like a mondeo , to drive bus lane . after phone call it's was say administration mistake and proof letter will be sent , two weeks by still no letter
Old 16th January 2020, 20:53   #7
aReallyNiceCar
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer, Connoisseur SE. Vintage Peugeot 106 XND, Sick & ill Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDi Estate

Exclamation

i've had 2 completely seperate parking PCN relating to my green 75 estate, which has apparently been caught in two different carparks.
In BOTH cases, the parking companies sent me a photo of the offending vehicle........
a RED Vauxhall Combo VAN......
FFS.!
aReallyNiceCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 21:08   #8
BOZZ
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aReallyNiceCar View Post
i've had 2 completely seperate parking PCN relating to my green 75 estate, which has apparently been caught in two different carparks.
In BOTH cases, the parking companies sent me a photo of the offending vehicle........
a RED Vauxhall Combo VAN......
FFS.!
do you ever watched Transformers who know what they do wile we busy
Old 16th January 2020, 21:23   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Never post pics on forums etc., showing your numberplate. The numbers can be checked online to see if the car has MOT, tax and insurance and Hey Presto, all criminals need is a set of numberplates and a similar car! Enthusiasts cars are generally looked after and rarely left without the above "essentials"! Too much "free" info available online in my opinion.
I would go one further and remove my numberplates altogether to avoid this type of cloning activity.

If queried by a police officer (provided there are any left not being replaced by ANPR), then simply claim they were there when you began your journey.......

Mr KVL 741Y
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2020, 22:01   #10
Russp
Loves to post

MG ZT

There is a website called cazana and there are pictures of it at the dealer I bought it from in 2018
Russp is offline   Reply With Quote