Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st November 2019, 08:44   #11
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

If you get yourself a copy of Toaf and a KKL cable you can re-programme your remote boards, I've done this myself using both a new remote board and even a secondhand remote board. Search this forum for information.

Toaf is an invaluable tool to owners especially outside of UK who have little or no back-up from traditional T4 dealers/owners.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 17:16   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Funny that you mention rogue signals. Just round the corner from where I live, 3/4 people started to complain that once they came home from work and parked their cars up for the night, then in the morning when they tried to start their cars, they couldn’t. They all had their respective breakdown companies out, and the one rescuer who came later when it was fully daytime, had no problem starting that particular car. Puzzled why the one car started when it was daylight, one of the gents was an electrician and he said it might be something to do with the street lights? Called the people who are responsible for the street lights. They came out to have a look , and he was correct. It was one of the , I think, sodium discharge lamps bulbs gone ‘wrong’. Seems far fetched, but true. .
Old 21st November 2019, 17:43   #13
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

[QUOTE=COLVERT;2776876]The micro chip in the key is very small and can easily fall out while changing the battery.---[/QUOTE

Do you still have this bit.---( Transponder. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Key transponder..jpg (110.3 KB, 30 views)
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:00   #14
elnoxx

Rover 75 Saloon

[QUOTE=COLVERT;2777277]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
The micro chip in the key is very small and can easily fall out while changing the battery.---[/QUOTE

Thank you for your answer but ive had 2 keys which worked and now none works.

I also changed the battery after it stopped working on one of the keys which means it couldnt have fallen out besides there is a 2nd key which has not been opened and is pretty new
elnoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 13:30   #15
Yorkshire GOC

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

The keys may need a reset place key in door lock and press lock or unlock button four times to re-sync the fob, the chip is inside the key hence the physical connection.

Worth a try - if no luck i would seek advice of BigRuss - drop him a PM.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:26   #16
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

[QUOTE=COLVERT;2777277]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
The micro chip in the key is very small and can easily fall out while changing the battery.---[/QUOTE

Transponder is for the immobiliser only, not linked to the remote locking/unlocking in any way.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2019, 21:32   #17
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Sorry for the obvious question but has the OP done a battery reset? This can cure all sorts of gremlins by disconnecting the car main battery for 30mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I'm guessing we're talking about the remote operation ...

A member here in Sweden had the same problem a few days ago. Tried the sync procedure as per handbook, didn't help. Then tried what he referred to as a "Norwegian re-set": took one of the cables off the main battery and held it briefly against the other. Tried the sync procedure and it worked. First time I've ever heard of it.

Otherwise people tend to recommend a main battery disconnect for half-an-hour, if that fails then Toaf can reactivate remote boards.

Regards
I hadn’t heard of it either until recently.
However, this procedure is well documented, as it carries out a hard re-boot, with capacitor discharge, when a system has got confused.

A few days ago, SWMBO’s Peugeot 308’s central display failed to display and I fixed it by using this method.
It involves disconnecting the battery leads, and keeping them well away from battery terminals, then connect them by touching, or my preferred method, is to use a link lead with crocodile clips.

I have never tried it on my Rover 75 as a battery disconnect has cured a multiple of electrical sins for me.

Let the good times roll............

Last edited by Dorset Bob; 23rd November 2019 at 21:58..
Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2019, 20:43   #18
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

Default Norwegian fix - works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
I'm guessing we're talking about the remote operation ...

A member here in Sweden had the same problem a few days ago. Tried the sync procedure as per handbook, didn't help. Then tried what he referred to as a "Norwegian re-set": took one of the cables off the main battery and held it briefly against the other. Tried the sync procedure and it worked. First time I've ever heard of it.

Otherwise people tend to recommend a main battery disconnect for half-an-hour, if that fails then Toaf can reactivate remote boards.

Regards
Yes - tried this trick and it did the job, now all restored as before and both my key fobs work on my MG ZT. I wonder if it is capacitors in the system that are discharged by shorting out the 2 leads like that?
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2019, 21:06   #19
vitesse

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswestryalex View Post
Yes - tried this trick and it did the job, now all restored as before and both my key fobs work on my MG ZT. I wonder if it is capacitors in the system that are discharged by shorting out the 2 leads like that?
I've no idea why other than what you've already suggested, but thanks for getting back and confirming it works.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2019, 09:23   #20
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

Used Hard reset ( Connecting the positive & negative leads from battery ) on my Discovery 3 and solved many issues especially generated by low battery voltage.
WARNING done with battery disconnected, & definitely not shorting the battery terminals

Last edited by RoverP480; 8th December 2019 at 10:37..
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote