Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th January 2024, 08:17   #11
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Hello again,
Well on Sunday morning, I took out the right hand side of the dashboard, to get a better view of what was going on when I moved the controls to the various positions.
What I did notice was the near side end of the matrix bypass flap’s shaft was rotating as I moved the wheel on the dash, to the left and then to the right. I could not delve any further into other linkages, as I had to get the car back ready for an afternoon trip to my eldest son, a journey of about 2 miles.
As I was progressing along, I suddenly realised that the cold drought formerly coming out of the vents, had suddenly changed to being at body temp and not really noticeable.
When I reached my son’s house, I realised the vents were closed off( for the dash removal) and once opened I immediately had HEAT. How wonderful. Now to get the FBH back in the car.
Not before time as overnight, it snowed. -about a 3” fall at present.
Thanks for all your contributions. But I still don’t know, why the heater went cold in the first place.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2024, 09:04   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Geoff.
Give the car another good run say about 5 miles with the heating off, but set at about 23 either side, with OBD on watch what the temp says, if it starts to reach 92c plus 95c then turn the heating to the high position both sides, and the blower set to full, see if the temp then drops back to about 85 this time of year.

From then on check the temp, you are looking for anything from 84c up to 88c it may have gone cold because an air lock, or the fact it could not get up to temp, because the original stat was opening to early, but now the inline stat is doing the job it is meant to do.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote