Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th January 2007, 18:47   #1
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Default Wet and Wax polish

Has anyone tried the Wet and Wax polish from Turtle wax?

I washed the car today but never had time to put on any polish due to rain clouds coming over. I tried turtle wax Wet And Wax polish which was given to me a few months ago but never used. You put it on the car while taking off the water with a chamois. It looked horrible for about 10 minutes and had a dull look like a greasy haze all over the car. As soon as it dried it looked superb. Ok its no replacement for a decent wax polish but as a quick make do its excellent.

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 19:00   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post

I washed the car today but never had time to put on any polish due to rain clouds coming over. I tried turtle wax Wet And Wax polish which was given to me a few months ago but never used. You put it on the car while taking off the water with a chamois. It looked horrible for about 10 minutes and had a dull look like a greasy haze all over the car. As soon as it dried it looked superb. Ok its no replacement for a decent wax polish but as a quick make do its excellent.

Ken
Not tried that, I have used their wash n wax at the same time stuff and its ok, better than nothing! My grandfather always swore by turtlewax and his car lasted 3 decades of daily use!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 19:15   #3
HOMER
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+ 2.5 V6 Sadly no more

Haven't tried that but has any one used the waterless car wash ? you just spray on and wipe off no matter how dirty the car is.

Last edited by HOMER; 20th January 2007 at 19:25..
HOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 20:09   #4
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post

Ken
Ive used Hot Wax...which I think is similar...It works quite well....leaves the car nice and shiny, but your wiper blades squeek on the screen after.
Old 24th January 2007, 16:52   #5
Simon
Banned

-

I too use the Turtle Wax "Wash and Wax" shampoo but then I always follow up with a propper coat of wax (Turtle Wax Platinum for me) afterwards. If it looks like rain I pull the car up under the carport
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 21:21   #6
paddymcn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hommer, I saw that spray and wipe 'stuff' on a shopping channel and was wondering if it was as good as it looked. That kinda thing seldom does...
paddymcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 22:25   #7
andyjshaw
Avid contributor

None at the moment

Talking

I have used it and I am really impressed although I find that it is not so good in the winter. When the temperature is low it does tend to smear quite a bit - more so on the roof for some reason. In the summer it looks fabulous!
Have you (or anyone) tried the Supagard treatment for themselves? I have got one but not yet dared apply it yet as I am waiting for warmer weather.
andyjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 22:29   #8
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjshaw View Post
I have used it and I am really impressed although I find that it is not so good in the winter. When the temperature is low it does tend to smear quite a bit - more so on the roof for some reason. In the summer it looks fabulous!
Have you (or anyone) tried the Supagard treatment for themselves? I have got one but not yet dared apply it yet as I am waiting for warmer weather.
My wife had it put on her new Chrysler Cruiser. Can't say we noticed much difference in looks, however her paintwork is much tougher than mine...*sob*
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2007, 22:39   #9
Simon
Banned

-

Not got that particular stuff but I'e got the Turtlewax Platinum series super wax shell thingy wotsit. Haven't yet applied it due to a certain dent in my door pannel.... grrrr.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 17:18   #10
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Just to bring this back from the dead - wax it wet does add a good layer of protection - an excellent "top up" to an already waxed car.

There are a number of these "quick detailing" sprays with wax in them - but the turtlewax one does seem to come out the best.

Dab drying the paint with a drying towel or a leather first before spraying on, then buffing off will give the best results.
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote