Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd April 2017, 02:38   #1
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Default Confused with all the Android radios....

Folks,

Im totally confused with these Chinese Androids now.

I get that you have the Xtrons and Navall Eclipse, but these units seem to have their own problems.

Also I see some Navall Stars with the horrible star logo, and some without...

What is the all round best bet at the moment? Are they identical? The finish on the Xtrons looks a little rougher (more textured) than the Navall, but from what I can work out they are just the same unit with different software tweaks.

Is the sweetspot a Navall3 in terms of speed/reliability?

All I want really from the unit is a kick-ass Satnav, able to take a 64GB SD card, able to run Torque, works with steeringwheel controls and something fast and reliable.

All I need is the GPS antenna, no camera, no other nonsense, just the basics.

I just dont know whats best now, I read people having problems with ALL of them, but cannot tell to what extent!

I must admit I like the total basicness of the WINCE units, Im a BIG BIG fan of the BMW widescreen setup I have in the other car, super simple, and that really bland and OE looking menu system, and the satnav works "OK too.

I need the memory to be big enough to hold maps for the WHOLE of europe and any given time, and Im hoping/assuming that you can do this, and if you have a TOMTOM/iGO you can download all the points of interest, gas stations etc etc all offline too, or is this not possible?

Im desperate for a unit, the junk thats in the car now is woeful, and not having a SatNav is proving to be a real headache, but what I do not want to do is fit something and be faffing with it for months on end.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 19:52   #2
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Folks,

Im totally confused with these Chinese Androids now.

I get that you have the Xtrons and Navall Eclipse, but these units seem to have their own problems.

Also I see some Navall Stars with the horrible star logo, and some without...

What is the all round best bet at the moment? Are they identical? The finish on the Xtrons looks a little rougher (more textured) than the Navall, but from what I can work out they are just the same unit with different software tweaks.

Is the sweetspot a Navall3 in terms of speed/reliability?

All I want really from the unit is a kick-ass Satnav, able to take a 64GB SD card, able to run Torque, works with steeringwheel controls and something fast and reliable.

All I need is the GPS antenna, no camera, no other nonsense, just the basics.

I just dont know whats best now, I read people having problems with ALL of them, but cannot tell to what extent!

I must admit I like the total basicness of the WINCE units, Im a BIG BIG fan of the BMW widescreen setup I have in the other car, super simple, and that really bland and OE looking menu system, and the satnav works "OK too.

I need the memory to be big enough to hold maps for the WHOLE of europe and any given time, and Im hoping/assuming that you can do this, and if you have a TOMTOM/iGO you can download all the points of interest, gas stations etc etc all offline too, or is this not possible?

Im desperate for a unit, the junk thats in the car now is woeful, and not having a SatNav is proving to be a real headache, but what I do not want to do is fit something and be faffing with it for months on end.
Lots and lots of different options here.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/index.p...ord=2+din+gps+

Those that have used them have found that litb have fantastic customer service and to date have delivered on all their promises/commitments.

By the sounds of it other than torque you don't need an android unit Have you got an android phone? You could just use that for torque and pick up a reasonably priced win based unit for all the rest with a bonus of there being so much less to go wrong!

Then it's a question of do you want universal fit...In which case you'll need to buy a 2 din fascia

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=255299. Have look here for some ideas on the universal fitting requirements. Obviously other universal units are available...

The universal units can be had for comparitively low prices against factory fit looking units.

Or do you want to fit something that looks factory fit. If so, from the forum traders there is the new navall eclipse ( there's plenty of threads for the star, navall 3 and the new eclipse) or what appears to be a very similar unit from jubbabelly. Both these traders do other units too.

So much choice!!!
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 22:46   #3
Radioguy
Banned

None

Its true , lots to choose from ......We used to have Wince with red Lights or Blue lights .. We pushed to get TMC and RDS added back in 2010 ! Its evolved and continues to do so.

They have reached the evolution point (like Android and IPhones) that they change technologies and features faster than people can keep up with but we have to offer them to keep up to the market.

The Eclipse has a few bugs that we are awaiting an update to corrrect them . The Navall 3 is discontinued and replace with Navall premium (Click Here) . the Navall Star Is a great unit and fits your needs , except for the 64GB SD Card . Some have managed to use a 64GB card but factory recommends 32GB maximum,.

The Star has an amazing screen and boot time. And is still my favorite unit (and Jeff's) so far. (I can Manage one without the logo if you prefer) You can Connect a Hard drive to it ! 1TB !

Xtrons is a distributor , like we are and both of us buy from the same factory in the case of the Eclipse but we both have different build specs. When you buy in 50's or 100's you get a say in what you want. Everyone claims to me a "factory" but there really are not that many, 4 only that i know of. Its getting like car factories, 1 factory builds and brands for 10 Car manufacturers. Magna International is the biggest in that realm.

This may help

Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 02:15   #4
dendeeze
Regular poster

BMW E46

This is interesting, i like to see a (if posible with a youtube video) comparison between the Navall Eclipse (Xtron) and the Navall Premium (C 500) both Octa Cores, an antutu test would be very intresting. My Preference is going to the premium. I think the premium has better hardware, It is running the Mediatek auto chips cpu who includes the Mediatek build in 4G receiver and make phone calls with the unit without a cell phone, wifi, GPS and the bluetooth 4.0 and the home, back and menu button. And are you sure it have the Toshiba TB2929 IC amp instead of the ST TDA 7851L IC amp?
For now, i don't go to buy a new radio because i got to have replace a new front window on my car, and some other expensive work on the bodywork of the car, bud i'am very intrested to buy it later this year.
And please NO LOGO ON THE UNIT like the naval star, it ruins the oem look!

Last edited by dendeeze; 23rd April 2017 at 02:17..
dendeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 05:21   #5
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Don't bother with Navall Star. Rear camera has a mind of its own. Works intermittently. DTV box faulty. Still not resolved after 5 months. Boots to different screens. No user manual. Patchy after sales support.
Peterd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 13:06   #6
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

This, for me, is why I will never again buy one of these chinese units. They are not cheap and if there is a bug, as there usually are loads, that is not resolved before the unit is discontinued (which comes around very fast) then you are up s*** street. Noone wants to know.
Don't do it, go and buy a kenwood, or pioneer double din that works.
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 13:23   #7
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterd1947 View Post
Don't bother with Navall Star. Rear camera has a mind of its own. Works intermittently. DTV box faulty. Still not resolved after 5 months. Boots to different screens. No user manual. Patchy after sales support.
Peter I would like to send an RA to get the head unit back for testing if there are issues please or pay for you to go to a qualified fitter
The DVR cameras are on backorder , as soon as one is in I will send a new one

Manuals are here :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpsvrgbza2...0Star.pdf?dl=0

And we have also developed a 28 page Installation guide answering many of the common questions we have had over the past 8 years

You were given Bad advice by a fitter whom i will not mention here and We thought was qualified but obviously was not . I hope we can finally make thisd up to you
Old 25th April 2017, 13:25   #8
Radioguy
Banned

None

Also Meant to Post the PRIMO Navigation Manual : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ad1j0edsa...al_UK.PDF?dl=0
Old 25th April 2017, 16:37   #9
DennisA
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Sean,

The Primo Guide comes up as password protected so cannot be opened without a password?

brgds Dennis
DennisA is offline   Reply With Quote