Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2017, 12:46   #1
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Default google maps

Didn't realise I could, but I've just put Google maps on my Navall 2.
When it opened up it already had all my trips from the past and all the ones coming up, I assume it got them through my tablet.
Terry
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 07:08   #2
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryf View Post
When it opened up it already had all my trips from the past and all the ones coming up, I assume it got them through my tablet.
Terry
Through your Google account mainly.
I like Google but there are a lot of people that do not like the way Google tracks you, you can of course turn a lot of this tracking off if you are concerned about it.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 18:21   #3
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Through your Google account mainly.
I like Google but there are a lot of people that do not like the way Google tracks you, you can of course turn a lot of this tracking off if you are concerned about it.
Ken.
And you think they don't know where you are? If you have a mobile phone they can tell where you are even if you switch it off ( how do you think the ''find my mobile'' apps work?)

Apparently most of us are on a camera 70 times a day in the UK .

In my view anything that can help me avoid traffic or delays has to be a good thing.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 18:36   #4
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryf View Post
Terry

At the average age on here, our car knowing where we are going and where we have been, is a good thing.

Now it just needs to remind us WHY we were going there.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2017, 18:46   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
And you think they don't know where you are? If you have a mobile phone they can tell where you are even if you switch it off ( how do you think the ''find my mobile'' apps work?)

Apparently most of us are on a camera 70 times a day in the UK .

In my view anything that can help me avoid traffic or delays has to be a good thing.
and even if you dont search for things online, but simply talk with a colleague about some random things, and watch the ads appear! I thought it was a coincidence, but he was talking about a particular clothes shop and ads started appearing in my web browser (Facebook and other sites with advertising). I do not do fashion, and wait until christmas and birthdays to get my 'new wardrobe' (ie presents lol). I can understand cookies etc causing lots of 'relevant' ads appearing (especially in Chrome), and they do! lol But things I have never searched for EVER appearing? I thought it was a coincidence, my colleague thought it was my imagination, until this story appeared a few months later.

I have nothing to hide or fear (legally speaking) but I value my anonymity and privacy, and this is why it makes me nervous. Also at some point it will take me very close to losing control of my personal information that could be used by criminals. I know it is close now, but certain things I like to retain control of, eg I have a bank account I use for online banking only, so I can track any infiltration etc

Paranoid? Just a little. lol But just think, Facebook has done it for years. That innocent picture you took, maybe gets auto tagged from your current location, which is 1000 miles away from your home. A local scrote recognises you through a friend of a friend. 'Ah' He thinks 'there's an empty house to check out' yes it pays to be a little paranoid

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote