Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th April 2017, 08:08   #1
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Default any former owners have a set of 260-hand brake cables available for sale??

as above, I' need a set of handbrake cables for MOT and would prefer to fit the 260 updated cables if at all possible, so does anyone have a set available?

please drop me a line asap if you do cheers
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 15:38   #2
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Out of interest, what's wrong with yours please?
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 15:42   #3
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Damn...I got excited seeing there was a reply to this thread lol.... the longer drivers side one is seized in the outer m8

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Old 7th April 2017, 15:45   #4
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Ideally I'd have liked to fit an uprated 260 set.but if none surface I'll just by the standard ones.... I've had to sorn the car now anyway so just need it doing asap to get tax and mot 😑

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Old 7th April 2017, 16:07   #5
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

What a pain!
Sorry for getting your hopes up.
I see you've posted on the 260's too so hopefully someone will turn up with something.
I've never known one to seize up before (possible if it's been stood for a while though I guess).
Good luck getting it sorted.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 16:30   #6
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
What a pain!
Sorry for getting your hopes up.
I see you've posted on the 260's too so hopefully, someone will turn up with something.
I've never known one to seize up before (possible if it's been stood for a while though I guess).
Good luck getting it sorted.
indeed it is, yeah I gathered why you'd posted it as that's what everyone has said to me so far I've just been out to drop off the replacement mini compensator I purchased last week as even though I welded mine way back when I figured if I'm renewing the rears i might as well go the whole hog, especially if it gives slightly improved 'compensation'

So I have reconfirmed in the flesh that it was seized in the outer as previously it was a phone conversation, although I had been quite specific about where it was seized, and he said he had a set of pliers on it and yanked for all he was worth and it wouldn't budge. He would have just changed it himself without even informing me, but the Pagid set he ordered were both the same length, so he called as he knew I had said I had access to some parts if required. so I now know its the Long Drivers side cable that I actually NEED, though if I did manage to source the uprated version I would obviously get him to fit the pair.
He's reiterated that he would hope to get them swapped out without damage to the backplates but he hasn't started the actual removal etc until he has the spares to hand, which is fair enough, so ill give it a few days for some to potentially surface then just buy a std. set :/

No worries on getting me excited lol doesn't take much these days... Life isn't exactly a Box of chocolates at the moment ...

NIck
Old 8th April 2017, 13:24   #7
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
I had one drop out of its clip and rest on the exhaust. Melted the outer covering allowing water in and corroded the cable.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote