Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th July 2016, 10:48   #11
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by obidiah-jones View Post
If MG6 is anything to go by they will be available second hand very cheaply and you wont have to wait long either. Attitiudes to Chinese products come from shocking crash tests and rip off designs.

I have no problem with people buying the cars its your money spend it how you want. What I do have a problem with is a Chinese company waving the flag at every opportunity when the product simply isn't British.
Seeing as we have no British Manufacturers anymore, this is hardly surprising.

Only Morgan is still British but they aren't a mainstream manufacturer.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 06:37   #12
basil
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default My GS

Oh Obidiah.As you appear to live in Birmingham,why don't you go round to the Sales Centre at Longbridge,or to Summit Garage & have a drive Yourself of a GS? Got mine 3 Saturdays ago - Absolutely Superb,AUTO as well.Stop WINGING,and go See for Yourself,cos you'll be Pleasantly Surprised.You Know you want to.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2016, 09:03   #13
obidiah-jones

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Oh Obidiah.As you appear to live in Birmingham,why don't you go round to the Sales Centre at Longbridge,or to Summit Garage & have a drive Yourself of a GS? Got mine 3 Saturdays ago - Absolutely Superb,AUTO as well.Stop WINGING,and go See for Yourself,cos you'll be Pleasantly Surprised.You Know you want to.
All ready have driven the car at the sales centre GS event the staff at the sales centre are a credit to the company. Its an average car nothing more nothing less. The car looks fine in top spec from the outside then sadly when you get in and realize that despite the fact you are sitting in the top spec uk car there are lots of blank switches. The cheapness extends to the rest of the interior including the awful looking electric window switches and while the touch screen is very responsive the resolution is poor. The piano black trim is also a scratch and dust magnet. The engine pulls well and would be excellent in the 3 but the suspension is surprisingly firm and doesn't seem to cope with our less than smooth roads. At £21,000 there are far better options out there in the nearly new and pre registered market.

My problem is that SAIC is touting its Chinese product as British when it is not. As I have have said before spend your money as you wish. I hope you continue to enjoy your car and it proves reliable for you.
obidiah-jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 11:41   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Strange Obidiah that you register on an RoverMG Forum - state that you have "none" in the way of RoverMG cars, make just 12 posts - the majority of which seem negative and petulant.

I for one and pleased that we still have Land Rover thanks to Indian Ownership. Tata continues to support that wonderful name and all the heritage that goes with it - so I for one have no issue with a Chinese Company owning the MG badge and wanting to support the heritage of that.

I am pleased as well that we have the opportunity to buy a car with an MG badge on it.

I am also pleased the Chinese made the MG7 for a good few years after the UK production line ceased operating.

My wife has a Hyundai i30 that is made by a Korean company and put together in Turkey.

MG is now owned by the Chinese.

So what?
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:15   #15
obidiah-jones

none

I am on this forum as i enjoy reading about peoples experiences about their Rovers having owned several Longbridge products over the years and living not far from the plant. I didn't realize I had to currently own a product, make hundreds of posts or have an opinion that was the same as yours to post on the forum.

I cant see in any of my previous posts where I have criticized JLR (who have done fantastic work in the midlands) or criticized any foreign car maker other than SAIC either. Your so pleased that you now have the opportunity to buy a car with a MG badge on yet you bought a Hyundai......
obidiah-jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:38   #16
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by obidiah-jones View Post
I am on this forum as i enjoy reading about peoples experiences about their Rovers having owned several Longbridge products over the years and living not far from the plant. I didn't realize I had to currently own a product, make hundreds of posts or have an opinion that was the same as yours to post on the forum.

I cant see in any of my previous posts where I have criticized JLR (who have done fantastic work in the midlands) or criticized any foreign car maker other than SAIC either. Your so pleased that you now have the opportunity to buy a car with a MG badge on yet you bought a Hyundai......
You deliberately miss the point especially re the Hyundai and JLR cited as examples and not in a million years would a sane person consider my citing these makes as any sort of personal criticism - Any opinion is welcome - You are the one getting upset because others do not agree with you.

And no - you don't have to own an MGR "product".

But why anyone would want to make the comments that you do on an enthusiasts Forum smacks of someone who likes a little conflict.

So - to me - someone who pops in - makes a few silly comments within less than 15 posts seems a little odd.

I certainly do not go on a Alfa Romeo Forum and slag of one of their cars because I spent some time in Italy and owned an Alfa Sud, a 156 and my son now has a Brera.

So I suppose I struggle with your motivation.

But PLEASE - do not bother to justify yourself any more - I have wasted enough time already. It takes all sorts - lets leave it at that.
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:55   #17
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

And with that - back on topic.

This thread is about the GS - which I really like
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:39   #18
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
And with that - back on topic.

This thread is about the GS - which I really like
Yes - it gets a good write up - we have been looking at the i35 having been mightily impressed with the i30 Tourer we have - but the i35 has quite a boot lip which is bad news for those of us who are dog owners.

I am pleased to hear the GS has a flat load space.

And I love the interior - the centre console is awesome.

For me the GS ticks an awful lot of boxes - not least because being petrol, when I finally retire I will not be doing the miles I do now - so will not need an oil-burner.

Would like to have one on LPG
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:06   #19
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default MG GS test driven today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Yes - it gets a good write up - we have been looking at the i35 having been mightily impressed with the i30 Tourer we have - but the i35 has quite a boot lip which is bad news for those of us who are dog owners.

I am pleased to hear the GS has a flat load space.

And I love the interior - the centre console is awesome.

For me the GS ticks an awful lot of boxes - not least because being petrol, when I finally retire I will not be doing the miles I do now - so will not need an oil-burner.

Would like to have one on LPG

Well if they work as well as the MG6 on lpg it will be a winner, our local taxi firm uses a 6 running in gas and has had no issues at all and it's coming up to 100k
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:04   #20
basil
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Another GS

My Mate picks his AUTO GS MOCHA BROWN with Cream Seats Up On Monday at Brown & Gammons,Baldock.Looks Superb,Just Like My White One.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote