Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2017, 19:10   #151
GolferBoy1

Rover 75

Default Radio and Traffic Reporting with a TA/TP conflict

When using the radio and switching on TA sometimes the radio will retune itself to the next station that has a TP function, it will then stay tuned to that station until I turn the radio off.

For example BBC Radios 1,2,3 and 4 do not have a TP function indicator, most commercial stations do have this function. This is annoying as I am a fan of BBC Radio 2 so cannot have the TA function switched on.

If I am tuned to a commercial station with a TP function the radio will stay tuned to that station whilst the TA is in operation.

This seems to happen all over the South Coast and is not just a local occurrence.

Does anyone have a solution?
GolferBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 22:32   #152
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Cdti Connoisseur SE

Default about post 97 guidance notes to install IGO on to the flash memory

Hey Stuart, Mike,

Just after step 7 (after clicking "done"), I go to open "Igo", but on the contrarary, "igo doesn't start, and doesn't start up the configuration. Instead I get the following message on the screen :
QUOTE:
missing or incomplete folder:/mnt/external_sd/Europe/IGO/lisense.zip:/mnt/external_sd/Europe/
IGO/lisense.zip: open failed:EACCES (Permission denied)
UNQOUTE
The followoing screen repeats : acces denied.Then I continued to push back and back serveral bottom, and Igo opened, but it must and can only be the IGO on the sd card, not in the internal memory. I did then the settings again, as they were gone, but testing, previous route details, regional settings, language settings, etc...they are not saved either. Starting up again the device, all settings are gone. So it is for sure, I am being directed again to the SD card, instead of the internal memory, as because of the failure message.
I did check in file browser, and Europe is indeed in the internal mermory.
I did the whole procedure a second time, but same result.
ps : I used the orignal sd card.
Eric

Last edited by Eric Druyts; 24th May 2017 at 22:34..
Eric Druyts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 06:11   #153
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi Eric, Those messages are what you get when it tries to access the SDCard, so it sounds like its still loading from there.

Some suggestions.
  1. Uninstall the current IGO.
  2. Make sure you have copied the entire contents of the "Europe" folder form the sd card to flash.
  3. Remove the SDCard to make sure you are running the right one.
  4. Then find the EUROPE folder in the flash memory (Using file Browser) and find the IGO_NF.apk file and run that to install.
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 12:01   #154
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

Hey Mike,
To run that apk file directly using the file browser, how do I manage that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Hi Eric, Those messages are what you get when it tries to access the SDCard, so it sounds like its still loading from there.

Some suggestions.
  1. Uninstall the current IGO.
  2. Make sure you have copied the entire contents of the "Europe" folder form the sd card to flash.
  3. Remove the SDCard to make sure you are running the right one.
  4. Then find the EUROPE folder in the flash memory (Using file Browser) and find the IGO_NF.apk file and run that to install.
Old 25th May 2017, 12:08   #155
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Druyts View Post
Hey Mike,
To run that apk file directly using the file browser, how do I manage that?
Hi Eric

You don't install it from the file browser but from the apk installer as noted in my post #97

"7. Open the ApkInstaller App, select Install, select "Internal memory", from the list select Europe/Igo/Igo_NF.apk. This will now install IGO on the internal memory. Once finished click "Done"."

Cheers

Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 12:18   #156
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

And you advise,to do this, after having done step 3 (=remove the sd card), like Mike advise in his previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartB View Post
Hi Eric

You don't install it from the file browser but from the apk installer as noted in my post #97

"7. Open the ApkInstaller App, select Install, select "Internal memory", from the list select Europe/Igo/Igo_NF.apk. This will now install IGO on the internal memory. Once finished click "Done"."

Cheers

Stuart
Old 25th May 2017, 12:23   #157
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
And you advise,to do this, after having done step 3 (=remove the sd card), like Mike advise in his previous post.
Hi Eric

Yes, that is correct.

Igo will then just be running from the internal memory and not connected to or trying to access the sd card.

Cheers

Stuart
Old 25th May 2017, 13:00   #158
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Now that's an interesting difference in what Stuart and I have been doing. I have just been running the apk by clicking on it in Filebrowser, I have no idea if that makes a difference or not though!

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 13:05   #159
Eric Druyts
Avid contributor

And if you do from the file browser, you just double click on it? Or how do you yourself do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Now that's an interesting difference in what Stuart and I have been doing. I have just been running the apk by clicking on it in Filebrowser, I have no idea if that makes a difference or not though!

Mike
Old 25th May 2017, 14:16   #160
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
And if you do from the file browser, you just double click on it? Or how do you yourself do it?
Hi Eric/Mike

Well I just did it as described using the apk installer, no idea what happens if you do it via the file browser as I've never tried.

At least if you use the apk installer you are doing what I did to get a successful installation, but no harm in trying other ways.

Cheers

Stuart