Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th May 2017, 08:02   #1
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Default Amazon Scam?

Another email scam using Amazon I think. Yesterday afternoon I ordered a book on Amazon, I received a conformation email a few minutes later with order details and delivery date, all correct and above board. This morning I have an email supposedly from Amazon headed 'Order Cancellation'. I didn't open it but checked email address of sender, NOT Amazon! It's been sent to Amazon for their attention. Is this a scam to get me to click on a link and re-enter my Amazon account details I wonder, or to infect my PC with malware? I checked directly through my Amazon a/c and the order has not been cancelled and should be here tomorrow.
Old 24th May 2017, 08:10   #2
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Gill had something similar last week

It looked like it was from Amazon, and was about renewing Amazon Prime - by unfortunate coincidence it was within two days of Prime being up for renewal. She clicked the link and then realised it was not genuine...

On realising it was a scam, the first she did was log in to Amazon from a bookmark and remove the associated card, then ring the bank and cancel the card. Next she ran a deep scan to check there was no malware and then finally, once she was sure there was none (no key loggers etc) changed the Amazon password

Seems this one wasn't aggressive, but so, so easy to make a mistake and she was kicking herself afterwards. Thing is, if you're not expecting anything, then you'd probably notice, but here she was expecting contact re Prime (which apparently turned out to have auto renewed two days earlier with no notification )
Old 24th May 2017, 08:23   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I've stopped using Amazon after my credit card details were cloned and passed onto a third party in South America. Lucky for me my Credit Card Company were on the ball and informed me.
I was told, how true I do not know, that the security at Amazon is rubbish.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote