Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th May 2017, 14:43   #1
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Do you have the new Eclipse from Sean

If you do, do you have the DVR camera, if so when recording can you add a voice commentary as you go along, if you do what did you add to make it work.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 17:08   #2
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Yes to having an eclipse.

No idea regarding adding a commentary though. Not sure the camera includes a microphone.

What I can't find is how to limit the space used for recording though. It seems to fill the sdcard and then stop recording. Have you found a way to limit the space it uses? Or automatically delete old recordings?

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 17:59   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Yes to having an eclipse.

No idea regarding adding a commentary though. Not sure the camera includes a microphone.

What I can't find is how to limit the space used for recording though. It seems to fill the sdcard and then stop recording. Have you found a way to limit the space it uses? Or automatically delete old recordings?

Mike
Hi Mike.
I have a 16gb card, I don't think it auto deletes recordings it's only there for any untoward incidents therefore I discard clips, I have been told that if I have music on the card, it will record along side it???

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 18:12   #4
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi rev.

It will indeed record alongside other files, but I have found it just fills up the card and stops recording.

It should (in my view) have a setting that tells it the max space it can use, and then delete the oldest video segments to keep within that limit.

I think I can use the app "tasker" to achieve that with a bit of fiddling, but it would be much neater if it managed the space itself.

It may be the speed of the card I have, but I have also found the music stutters if I record to the same card music is playing from. Using the GPS card has been fine though.

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote