Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th November 2021, 08:27   #1
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Unhappy After 10 years

After 10 years of ownership I parted company with my 75 Connoisseur, travelled 70,000 miles in her over the years but after much thought it was time to say goodbye.
It was a hard decision but both of us were beginning to struggle getting in and out, particularly my other half.
I'd like to thank all the traders and forum members that have helped me with advice and spares etc, I still intend to look in on the forum but will probably let my subscription lapse in due course.

Thank you all for a great forum.

Martyn.

Last edited by squire; 6th November 2021 at 21:45.. Reason: Typo
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 08:49   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Don’t be a stranger. Pop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on. Getting a new set of wheels? Then let us know how it’s going.

Keep safe.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 08:55   #3
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
After 10 years or ownership I parted company with my 75 Connoisseur, travelled 70,000 miles in her over the years but after much thought it was time to say goodbye.
It was a hard decision but both of us were beginning to struggle getting in and out, particularly my other half.
I'd like to thank all the traders and forum members that have helped me with advice and spares etc, I still intend to look in on the forum but will probably let my subscription lapse in due course.

Martyn.
It is a sad fact in life none of us are getting any younger, I think I am reasonably fit but aches and pains are catching up with me, although I am not prepared too give up my precious car just yet getting in and out is becoming a pain.
Have you decided what car you are likely to get.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 09:04   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Good luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
After 10 years or ownership I parted company with my 75 Connoisseur, travelled 70,000 miles in her over the years but after much thought it was time to say goodbye.

Martyn.
Maybe I could tempt you with a Moggie!
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 10:28   #5
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Martyn.
What are you going to replace it with, and hopefully you will still visit the Nano meets what about the MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers are they going to or are you going to keep one to crawl in Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 14:05   #6
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Hi Martyn sorry to read that you are leaving the Rover fold. As you know I ceased Rover ownership when your good friend John took over custody of Gilbert my 75. When I met you I could see you were very knowledgeable regarding our cars, l hope you will stay on the club forum, I read the club site every day even after 18 months since parting with my Rover. All the best for the future.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2021, 18:28   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Martin. As Artic has said, I hope you keep attending the Nano Meets, wherever they take place in future. Let us know what you decide to replace your car with.
Old 6th November 2021, 21:10   #8
squire
Posted a thing or two

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
Maybe I could tempt you with a Moggie!
Two Travellers is enough thanks.
Old 6th November 2021, 21:31   #9
squire
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Martyn.
What are you going to replace it with, and hopefully you will still visit the Nano meets what about the MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers are they going to or are you going to keep one to crawl in Arctic.
Hi Steve,

One of the Travellers is my wife's one and she won't part with it yet a while. The other Traveller is mine that I've had since 1996, I'm only the second owner, so that's going nowhere, the MGB depends on how it behaves/ how much it costs! If the clutch went in it I probably wouldn't bother with it, just sell it spares or repairs.

I'll definitely still keep coming to the Nano meets and Social nights and get my friend John to come along too in his White Gold Connoisseur he bought from Alan (Westonboy).

I'm looking at getting Volvo V60, had various Volvos for 20+ years, in fact the Rover was bought to replace a Volvo S40 . Can't see myself having another 75 tho, I've enjoyed having the 75 but it's time to move on, it was never intended to be kept so long.
Old 6th November 2021, 21:39   #10
squire
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy View Post
Hi Martyn sorry to read that you are leaving the Rover fold. As you know I ceased Rover ownership when your good friend John took over custody of Gilbert my 75. When I met you I could see you were very knowledgeable regarding our cars, l hope you will stay on the club forum, I read the club site every day even after 18 months since parting with my Rover. All the best for the future.
Thanks Alan, I'm certainly going to stay with the forum, despite its ups and downs there's a lot of good people here. I've also got John to keep an eye on lol, so I certainly won't be far from the Rover fold I just won't have one. I will admit I'll miss looking at that walnut dash and the flowing lines of the mk1 75's, the mk2 75' just don't do it for me.