Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th June 2021, 19:25   #1
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts
Default Feeling a tad weird

Viewing a car tomorrow, and it's not a 75, so could be part exchanging. After all the posts/questions (and answers) I could be walking away. Thing is, wife is struggling to get in and out now with back problems, pad up the seat and she'll be bumping her head. Heard a few have this issue. With the government increasingly choking diesel owners I'll be buying a petrol (had 5 diesel 75's) My last post will probably refer to misfuelling. Still seems a little strange, thought I'd always have a 75.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2021, 20:07   #2
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Smile

I have been Roverless for close to a year, but felt for the small amount of miles we did the Rover needed a better home. I remember your kindness over the full chrome grille I had from you and sorry you had the misfortune of having your previous Rover written off. For our part we love the reliability and nippiness of our Honda Jazz. It fills our current needs perfectly.I would not have missed the 10 years we owned our 75 but I am glad it is now well cared for by its new owner. Good luck whatever you decide.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2021, 20:33   #3
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Hey, thanks for the comments, some great guys on these boards. Could never have kept the car on the road without the forum. Asked the guy who does my awkward repairs to recommend something, 'anything that isn't french' he said. I'm looking at a Vauxhall Astra Sri 1.6
Old 30th June 2021, 20:45   #4
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

dont fancy a diesel freelander with the bmw engine ? would be nice and high for access. or a petrol version. ?
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2021, 23:52   #5
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
Viewing a car tomorrow, and it's not a 75, so could be part exchanging. After all the posts/questions (and answers) I could be walking away.
Quote:
Thing is, wife is struggling to get in and out now with back problems, pad up the seat and she'll be bumping her head.
Heard a few have this issue. With the government increasingly choking diesel owners I'll be buying a petrol (had 5 diesel 75's) My last post will probably refer to misfuelling. Still seems a little strange, thought I'd always have a 75.
Quote:
Hey, thanks for the comments, some great guys on these boards. Could never have kept the car on the road without the forum. Asked the guy who does my awkward repairs to recommend something, 'anything that isn't french' he said.
Quote:
I'm looking at a Vauxhall Astra Sri 1.6
I think you will be in the same situation with your wife, struggling to get in and out with the Astra to be honest.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164936835...4AAOSwuLdg3EQN

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2021, 00:00   #6
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I wish I could find the photo of the swivel seat I found on an Irish rover 75 for sale.

Mean time, is it worth looking at this rather than sell the car?

https://www.braunability.eu/en/produ...y-low-vehicle/
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2021, 04:57   #7
Heddy
This is my second home

None

That's fascinating, we've tried a swivel cushion, didn't work. We're hoping for a little more head height in the Astra, plus being a 2 door it will give more room for a sideways swing. Not only the access thing, I'm tired of diesels, and so are the government apparently.
Old 1st July 2021, 07:12   #8
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

My aged Aunt praised the quality of our Rovers, but struggled to get in and out. A Sister who has back trouble cannot get in and out of my Rover and therefore describes it in a nasty way.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2021, 07:30   #9
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Asked the guy who does my awkward repairs to recommend something, 'anything that isn't french' he said.
I'd second that! Helped my mate out with a shortage of drivers for his private hire business, he had mainly French cars. A Peugeot 407 where the over complicated anti pollution system went west and would have cost more than the car was worth to repair. A Renault Espace that popped an oil seal in the turbo, ran away and destroyed the engine, guy driving it didn't have the sense to try to stall it. A Peugeot E7, basically an Expert van with windows and seats, horrible gutless thing. Put me off French cars for life.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2021, 09:05   #10
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I had to get a Kangoo with wheelchair access for my dad just before he passed. It was great when it was running (apart from the offset pedals) but kept breaking down for niggly issues with bits that literally broke off! I'm not a hard driver and have never had such problems before or since. Everything seemed to be made with a minimum of materials and no margin for vibration. The engine and gearbox were superb but the body parts were just plain flimsy. I'm looking at Honda for my next vehicle but as long as my Rover keeps going and my back and knees will bend enough to get in and out, it stays!