Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2018, 10:32   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Redfive is off on holiday........................

.................................................. Tomorrow. It will be her turn for a rest in Devon. Banana spent 6 weeks ripening down there, the Bear has had 4 weeks hibernating in the snow. Which means the Bear will be coming home.
So another mini tour beckons. We will be staying with Matt n Shirley again. Meeting up with Allen & Val and the rest of the South West Crew over the weekend. We have a breakfast meet on Sunday.

I'm still house hunting, but everything is on a sort of temporary hold as I have my court appearance coming up. No, not being prosecuted but I have my 3rd and final attendance on the jury bench.
Hopefully this time my visit will not be interrupted by me having a ride in a ambulance.

So Redfive has had a wash, tyre pressures checked, oil and water checked, screen wash topped up. Filled up with Tiger go go juice. Be leaving earlier than usual tomorrow. So don't forget to wave, toot or flash those restored lights should you see a shiny Firefrost ZT on chrome wheels travelling at the maximum speed of 69.9mph, where applicable. Proposed route is M11-M25-M4-M5 and A380, this may change if there are any hold ups.

I'll keep the diary going so that our readers can keep up to date with our adventures.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2018, 12:09   #2
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Enjoy the Rattler mate
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2018, 12:34   #3
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Enjoy the Rattler mate

That’s no way to talk about Redfive 🤣
Old 5th April 2018, 16:13   #4
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool On this day in 2014.................................

................................................ The Flying Banana came into the world. And then she was singled out to be part of the Monogram programme. And 14 years later and many miles under her tyres she is still with us, but alas not on this trip.

But Redfive was raring to go. I left at 07.30 and the first hold up was waiting for me on the A406, crash at the Crooked Billet underpass, a notorious accident black spot. Still not a problem for me as I took the slip up to the Waterworks donut and back down and onto the M11. Next hold up was on the car park, fondly known as the M25. Barrier repairs between junction 24-25, and I joined at junction 28. It normally takes me 45 minutes to get to the M4, today it took 90 minutes.

Once clear Redfive was able to pick up her skirts and motor on. Got onto the M4 and from there it was non stop to the services at Sedgemoor on the M5. Other than the road works on the M4 we was able to keep to our cruising speed of 69.9mph(coff! coff!!). Saw a Rover 600 on a low loader looking very bent, the Rover and not the transporter.
Stopped at the services on the M5 for a cuppa and a snack. As I re-joined 2 Austin Healey 3000's went past. Oh! The noise. First one looked as if it was well used and the 2nd one was totally immaculate.

Soon taking the slip onto the A380 and towards base. Redfive pulled like a train up Telegraph Hill, passing all and sundry. Soon pulling into the square and there sat the Bear. All clean and tidy. Grovey was in the driveway. So Redfive parked behind the Bear. Soon indoors and Matt had the kettle on. Neil Little followed me in as well, on here as Neil1. So tea and a chat was in order. Matt wanted to go to Trago Mills to get some bits. So we chucked Neil out and away we went in Grovey.

Once at the store Matt found what he wanted and we nipped around to the pasta shop for a mushroom Milano takeaway. We sat at the table and noshed our pasta. Then back to the car and home we went. Shirley came back just as the tea was made. Emma phoned me to say that the next batch of cushions was ready to be sent. (PM's have been sent to the members wanting). We have a new cover being made and a picture will put up as soon as it is ready.

Shirley then left as she is house, and pet, sitting at her daughters leaving Matt and I to fend for ourselves.
Tomorrow I'm off down to see the estate agents in Saltash, and pop in to see Allen n Val for a cuppa or two.

onen hag oll
Old 5th April 2018, 18:15   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Nice write up Bob, say hi from us 👍😎
Old 5th April 2018, 18:38   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Nice write up Bob, say hi from us 👍😎
Shirley n Matt said Hi back to you both.

onen hag oll
Old 6th April 2018, 03:09   #7
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Bob, you're such an entertaining writer. Thank you.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2018, 20:15   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

You being hard done by again?
Old 6th April 2018, 21:55   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Busy, busy........................

...................................... Day. A bit late in rising this morning but once the tea pot was drained and the toast consumed then I got ready to drive down to Saltash. Matt had his day planed with getting Grovey serviced.

I made good time into Saltash and was soon into the first estate agent. Told them of my new plan and they liked the idea. So armed with more paperwork I then ventured onto the second estate agent, again repeated my new idea. Not so much interest here but still will be sent new info as when it comes in. But the third estate agent was totally different.

They recognised me, even greeting me by my name, no not that one but the name I was christened with. Told them of my new plan, and I was then taken up stairs by the very slim young lady and introduced to the one with the whips and,............................ Sorry! Wrong story.
I met the man who knows more than me. I went through with him my new idea. He put me at ease and took me through everything. Gave me whole lot of extra confidence. And with a shake of hand I left.

Out and into the sunshine and I sort of felt better. I wandered back towards where Redfive was parked. Went past a shop selling knick knacks and gifts. Outside was a board advertising a service I've never seen before. Grave and headstone cleaning with grass cutting and the laying of fresh flowers at the cemetery. So if you was unable to do this duty yourself in keeping the resting place of a loved one then there are now people prepared to carry out the task for you. And all for £30 a month.

Collected Redfive who had found a friend a 54 plate CDTi 75 in grubby silver. Then I was off to Allen and Val's for tea and a chat. Redfive was now parked up with Ratty, Allens Ski Blue 75. After numerous cups of cha and a very tasty ham sandwich I noticed that time was zooming by. So I said my goodbye's, but not for long as we will be meeting up again on Sunday for our breakfast meet at Kit Hill.

Back across the Tamar and through the toll bridge and back on the A38. Soon turned off towards Newton Abbot. Once through the tow we was soon turning into the square outside Matt's. Matt was servicing Grovey. I went and made the tea. Another ZT pulled up, this was one that Matt had sold earlier in the year, and the owner came to see Matt to ask about some parts. He left and we drank our tea. We was waiting for our next victim.

Not long to wait and then reversing into the driveway was a Solar Red ZTT CDTi. Driven by a chap known to both of us but not a forum member. He's one of the very few who is just not interested in the forum. But he keeps the car in tip top condition. However the car had a problem with the driver's seat plastic surround at the base. It had come adrift. But after a few choice words, plus the aid of a 7lb hammer Matt soon had it fixed.

Then with him gone we got ready to go and collect Shirley as we was going out to dinner. We took Grovey, but she seemed reluctant to rev. 4k revs was it, nothing above that. We collected Shirley and Matt then took us onto the pub. We went the long way round as Matt wanted to "boot" Grovey up a long hill to see if it made any difference. And it did, Grovey settled back into her usual sweet rhythm.
Nice meal eaten then we dropped Shirley back off at her daughters. Grovey was soon parked up with the Bear and Redfive.

Wash n polish day for the girls tomorrow.

onen hag oll
Old 7th April 2018, 21:59   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool A day spent dodging the rain.....................

.................................... Whilst trying to wash the cars.

Had a really good night's sleep last night, finally surfacing at just before 8am.
No rush as the rain was tipping down.
So after some toast I checked out my emails and replied. The estate agents in Cornwall had sent through a list of rentals plus places For Sale. Had a look through, some very affordable rentals available.

Anyway in between cups of cha the weather looked to be clearing so with the Meguiars soft wash in my Meguairs a Yellow bucket complete with grit grid fitted and my Pink wash mitt I ventured out to the wash the Bear. Matt had got the flexi garden hose out. And away I went.
Once the Bear was washed I used the Meguiars Black to go over the the black plastic.

Next it was Redfive's turn for the same treatment. Meanwhile Matt had started on Grovey, after he had made the tea. Once Redfive was finished then I set about helping Matt to finish off Grovey. Had to have another cuppa as all this work was making my throat dry. Then time to get cleared up as dinner time was rapidly approaching. We are fending for ourselves as Shirley is still house and pet sitting at her daughters.

Whilst Matt slaved over the stove I went and had a shower. I heard the dinner gong or was that the saucepan lid falling on the floor. Matt had prepared a steak pie, mash and garden peas. So once seated we tucked in, then the doorbell rang. A couple of friends popped in, NathanCann on here, with his good lady. Back to the food before the doorbell went again. Matt's Uncle was returning some tools. He paid Matt a compliment about how clean our cars looked.

Finally food was finished with clean plates. More tea was made and we chatted with our friends. Then they bade us farewell, well till tomorrow when we meet up for the breakfast meet. With them gone Matt and I washed up, and made another pot of tea. We'll be rude to say no, wouldn't it?
Busy day tomorrow with 22 people attending the breakfast meet, Matt will be like a sheepdog keeping everyone in place.

onen hag oll