Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th April 2012, 09:28   #11
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Hi CDTi, just wondering, I been thinking about getting the D99 but my car has the lowline system, so no TM. Does that means that the canbus that deliveries the data is different to the highline system, or is it the same. So I also can see the data on obd.
Gerard
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 10:37   #12
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Hi CDTi, just wondering, I been thinking about getting the D99 but my car has the lowline system, so no TM. Does that means that the canbus that deliveries the data is different to the highline system, or is it the same. So I also can see the data on obd.
Gerard
First off, we need to differentiate between OBD and Ibus/Kbus/Canbus.

OBD is an automotive standard and while some of the data that is on OBD is extracted from the bus data, the two systems are different entities.

OBD data is read from the OBD port and bus data is read by connecting to an appropriate wire somewhere in the car.

AFAIK, our cars have no Canbus as even the highest specced cars in the MGR range did not need it. The Ibus in Beemers is the same as our Kbus.

So OBD data will display on Android if you have a BT adapter and appropriate BT OBD adapter.

The OBC data that I am trying to access is coming directly from the Ibus/Kbus but obviously I'm not getting all the data available.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 12:21   #13
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Hi Eamonn
Right, the D99 is delivered with a blue tooth receiver. So I need another adapter to get info from the K-bus? Just making my mind up because you have repaired my Sean's DD and he tries to convince me to swap to Android.
But before to do that, I really like to know what I get than. I have asked Sean some questions and he will send them to you, You may answer them by mail but maybe it is a good idea do to this on this platform as well.
As far as I understood, it makes no difference that I have not TM.
Gerard
Old 25th April 2012, 15:21   #14
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Hi Eamonn
Right, the D99 is delivered with a blue tooth receiver. So I need another adapter to get info from the K-bus? Just making my mind up because you have repaired my Sean's DD and he tries to convince me to swap to Android.
But before to do that, I really like to know what I get than. I have asked Sean some questions and he will send them to you, You may answer them by mail but maybe it is a good idea do to this on this platform as well.
As far as I understood, it makes no difference that I have not TM.
Gerard
The basic D99 does not come with a BT adapter on Android. There is a BT transceiver on the multimedia side.

To display OBD information, you will need a BT USB adapter for the headunit and a BT OBD adapter for the car.

As stated in my earlier post, you will not need to connect to the Ibus for OBD information.

Old 26th April 2012, 10:03   #15
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Oke, ordered the D99 by Sean, but comes without BT adapters as you said. So I need to buy 2 of them, one USB and one OBD. The first for the unit and the second for the K-bus wire, the white/grey with yellow dots I suppose. And is it simple to connect the last one? And if so, do you have links for me, there are so many, sure I need the right one. BTW, the stuff for the old unit is coming to you but is in my car, and he is on holiday for 2 weeks with my daughter
Gerard
Old 26th April 2012, 10:36   #16
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Oke, ordered the D99 by Sean, but comes without BT adapters as you said. So I need to buy 2 of them, one USB and one OBD. The first for the unit and the second for the K-bus wire, the white/grey with yellow dots I suppose. And is it simple to connect the last one? And if so, do you have links for me, there are so many, sure I need the right one. BTW, the stuff for the old unit is coming to you but is in my car, and he is on holiday for 2 weeks with my daughter
Gerard
Gerard

You will not be connecting to the Kbus wire for OBD. You will require something like this that plugs into the OBD port in the car.

Old 26th April 2012, 11:00   #17
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Ha, I'm learning, that seems a lot better. Question, my car is lowline, does not have TM. So, do I have an OBD port and if so, where?
Old 26th April 2012, 12:46   #18
CDTi
This is my second home

Quote:
Ha, I'm learning, that seems a lot better. Question, my car is lowline, does not have TM. So, do I have an OBD port and if so, where?
All cars have on OBD port. In the RHD cars its on the RHS of the footwell so, assuming that yous is a LHD, it should be on the LHS of the footwell.

Old 26th April 2012, 13:44   #19
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Having an OBD socket is now a legal requirement for all cars.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 16:51   #20
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Thanks, as soon as I get my car back, I have a look at it.