Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th January 2012, 17:21   #1
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Default Sean's DD, couple of questions

Hello folks,

Must say that I am really pleased with the new unit fitted today.

Got a friend to do it for me and he has done a good job, not fixed up the TV part yet, but happy to wait for that really.

Everything appears to be working fine.

But!

I obviously need to learn how to actually use the sat nav, but I have a couple of questions

I cannot appear to find how you search for an address using the postcode, it only gives me the option putting in an address, your thoughts appreciated.

I have only used it once, but showed me my end destination, and talked me through the route, I would prefer to follow the route as I go really, what do I need to do?

Also on the screen it says start destination and final destination, would have thought that it knows where I am, so just needs to take me to where I want to go.

What is the best way to exit the sat nav when I have finished with it? there does not appear to be an exit switch, do I just go into mode and select something else?

The instruction manual appears to have different pictures of the set that is on my screen.

Thanks in anticipation, I am sure that I will get used to it the more that I use it, and I am sure that I will have other questions to ask.

Regards

Ian
Old 16th January 2012, 17:34   #2
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Check out the User Manuals here... https://www.sugarsync.com/share/02077w3976ta That might have everything you need ! For Postcode search, you need to put a space between.. i.e abc 123 and not abc123

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2012, 17:50   #3
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Cheers Mark, will check this out, much appreciated

Ian
Old 16th January 2012, 17:55   #4
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
Check out the User Manuals here... https://www.sugarsync.com/share/02077w3976ta That might have everything you need ! For Postcode search, you need to put a space between.. i.e abc 123 and not abc123
Tried this Mark, cannot get it to work, is asking me to sign up to something, which I tried and when prompted put in a pass word and then it tells me this is not valid, so not sure how to access the said files
Old 16th January 2012, 18:10   #5
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegroboi View Post
Tried this Mark, cannot get it to work, is asking me to sign up to something, which I tried and when prompted put in a pass word and then it tells me this is not valid, so not sure how to access the said files
Sorted now, got some reading to do now, thanks again Mark

Ian
Old 17th January 2012, 19:28   #6
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Do you have the Tony Fry card? You have 2 choices. Run without giving an address. It shows you excactly where you are. If not, push on the wide arrow at the bottom of the screen. If you have given a destination, push on add destination on top of the screen, there will come a finishflag at your destinationpoint. I think, that's what you mean? If so, push than on icon "cockpit" on the right of your screen, than you see you startingpoint. Changing from nav to radio, short push on the on/off button of the unit, than you can go on mode. Back to nav, do the same. Long push on the on/off, he unit goes off.
Gerard
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2012, 19:31   #7
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Sorry, sorry, icon "cockpit" is on the left of your screen.
Gerard
Old 17th January 2012, 23:03   #8
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Do you have the Tony Fry card? You have 2 choices. Run without giving an address. It shows you excactly where you are. If not, push on the wide arrow at the bottom of the screen. If you have given a destination, push on add destination on top of the screen, there will come a finishflag at your destinationpoint. I think, that's what you mean? If so, push than on icon "cockpit" on the right of your screen, than you see you startingpoint. Changing from nav to radio, short push on the on/off button of the unit, than you can go on mode. Back to nav, do the same. Long push on the on/off, he unit goes off.
Gerard
Cheers for that Gerard much appreciated, I am sure that the more I use it the better I will get at working it out.

Regards

Ian
Old 18th January 2012, 12:04   #9
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Forgotten something.
When I reed my igo8 card in the computer there's a pdf file manual.
Maybe there's the same with yours. I printed it out and use it in the car.
Very helpfull.
Old 18th January 2012, 17:29   #10
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Forgotten something.
When I reed my igo8 card in the computer there's a pdf file manual.
Maybe there's the same with yours. I printed it out and use it in the car.
Very helpfull.
Thanks again, I have now printed this off too, but your suggestions have already made using it easier.

Thanks again

Ian