Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th November 2021, 17:34   #1
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default Meets IN 2022

Has anyone got any ideas yet for tours and meets in 2022, in the South East, I certainly would like to get involved, and would even be prepared to organise a couple to local attractions etc, things like Brooklands museum, battle abbey, a countryside tour, Dover Castle .
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 14:29   #2
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Meets 22

I will certainly be up for that.
Old 21st November 2021, 16:00   #3
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

First of all Martin, I apologise for not replying to you earlier.
It was meeting Raven Black this morning, that alerted me to your post.
I don’t know how I missed it, but clearly I did.

Your thoughts are completely in accord with what a South East Area Social scene needs to be doing, and are warmly welcomed.

Following a few years of South East Area inactivity, in 2020 we started to rebuild a social element. I’m the first to admit that we are still at an early stage, if measured by numbers alone; having said that, there is (I know) both enthusiasm and optimism, within our small number.

Certainly arranging more ambitious days, than just breakfast, are anticipated; in fact we have quite a long list of potential venues, and ideas, which came to an abrupt halt when Covid dealt it’s hand.

I look forward to meeting you in the near future, and who knows what 2022 will bring us.

Your offer of help is also very welcome, and I am aware that choosing the right geographical locations, for meets is important.

Should you want to build up a picture of the last few years, in terms of posts and activities then they are all there, on the club site, under the Regional Events Forum.

Regards

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 16:57   #4
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG75 View Post
First of all Martin, I apologise for not replying to you earlier.
It was meeting Raven Black this morning, that alerted me to your post.
I don’t know how I missed it, but clearly I did.

Your thoughts are completely in accord with what a South East Area Social scene needs to be doing, and are warmly welcomed.

Following a few years of South East Area inactivity, in 2020 we started to rebuild a social element. I’m the first to admit that we are still at an early stage, if measured by numbers alone; having said that, there is (I know) both enthusiasm and optimism, within our small number.

Certainly arranging more ambitious days, than just breakfast, are anticipated; in fact we have quite a long list of potential venues, and ideas, which came to an abrupt halt when Covid dealt it’s hand.

I look forward to meeting you in the near future, and who knows what 2022 will bring us.

Your offer of help is also very welcome, and I am aware that choosing the right geographical locations, for meets is important.

Should you want to build up a picture of the last few years, in terms of posts and activities then they are all there, on the club site, under the Regional Events Forum.

Regards

Mike
Thanks Mike, I look forward to meeting up with other owners also, i've been involved with a few clubs, mostly from having owned a couple of Kit cars in the past,as area secretary, and local events co ordinator, so i am very aware of the right destination etc, and of course, it has to be a fun day out, i organised a mystery drive, with Kent kit cars, which finished up at a very nice pub, with a large car park, that went down very well,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2021, 18:50   #5
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Meets

Hi Martin,

Great to hear this as this is just what Mike had proposed earlier. Will look forward to seeing you at our next meet.
Regards Jennifer