Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd July 2021, 01:44   #141
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

And I dare say it will cost upu nearly £400 a month to buy or lease a vehicle new that's exempt.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 13:35   #142
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I noticed in passing on the Bristol site some "expert" said hundreds of people are dying ever day in because of pollution! with idiots like that on their side do they wonder if people scoff at their impending doom. A lot of experts for very many years told post puberty males that masturbation would make them go blind, well? Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 19:00   #143
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I was reading about the upcoming Manchester CAZ the other day which doesn't come into effect until May 2022 as to give local hauliers/taxi/coach firms & van fleets time to upgrade their fleets to cleaner compliant vehicles.

Private cars are not being banned in the Manchester CAZ.

Van operators can now access up to £4,500 towards the replacement of a vehicle – £1,000 more than initially proposed – and Greater Manchester Hackney Cabs can get up to £10,000. HGVs can now get up to £12,000 towards replacement, nearly three times more than was initially offered, and coaches are now eligible for £32,000.

What I did find interesting was they've already made an extension to the CAZ before it even begins to incorporate the Trans-Pennine routes A426 Snake pass & A57 Woodhead Pass which will carry the same restrictions as the city centre for older non compliant vehicles which will have to go the long way round using the M62 https://airqualitynews.com/2021/07/0...nnine-traffic/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2023, 11:54   #144
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

You can check your car here.

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2023, 17:26   #145
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

So, every business is going to get some dosh to update their fleet. I take it that the monies will not be from the councillors/urban authority? Do you think the government is, on the quiet, bunging these authorities? Often a Minister will say no they are not but in reality one of the Quango's is from something like a "save the planet" environmental fund. They were particular allowed/had to do so when it was EEC grant money.

Just thinking aloud as this allowance scheme for Manchester (?) could run into the millions. Suggest everyone with a van go and register it in Manchester and apply for the grant ;-)

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 13th January 2023 at 11:14.. Reason: spelling
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2023, 18:57   #146
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
There’s been a lot of talk about this. Now it’s happening in Bristol:

‘Bristol is set to become the first city in Britain to ban diesel cars under the toughest measures yet seen to combat air pollution.

The city council wants to prohibit diesels from entering part of the centre from 7am to 3pm daily to cut dangerous levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2).

It will apply to all diesels, irrespective of age, including the cleanest Euro 6 models registered since 2015. Owners of petrol cars will be exempt, though research shows that older petrol vehicles release high levels of emissions.

Drivers who ignore the ban will be fined as part of the measures, due from March 2021. Motoring groups labelled the plans “unprecedented” and said that many low-income families would be hit.’ Sunday Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...cars-kbrlz6ttw

Anyone going to be affected by this? Fortunately mine’s a petrol.
Ah the wonders of democracy, and the morons elected to apply its principles.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2023, 19:55   #147
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well most people moan and moan about it, .......do something about it then. No good sitting on your backside. I have made up my mind that I will never ,ever, go to Birmingham shopping again. My wife and I , over many many years, have spent tens of thousands of £s in the shops there. Since the ban on certain vehicles, Rover 75s diesel’s, I have one, have to pay a polluting tax, so that mine does not pollute once paid, they can stick it up their a#@. They can do without my money. If everyone did the same, where would the shops make a living? The idiots who control Birmingham would be made to wake up. But I expect that most chuffers will say, Wellll, What can you do? Talk about dead in the water.

Last edited by bl52krz; 12th January 2023 at 19:58..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2023, 21:13   #148
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

I've not been shopping in Birmingham ever since I moved to Tipton. Being next to 2 Asdas, a Farmfoods and with Bilston market just down the road I see no reason to, which means I'll never be giving Birmingham City Council any diesel tax (they can call it what they like - it's still a tax).
Old 12th January 2023, 21:22   #149
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

As motorists, we pay our road fund licence and fuel duty - I therefore refuse to visit anywhere that imposes further charges, and have done so since day one. Mind you, towns and cities get the leaders they deserve - that's democracy.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2023, 23:08   #150
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

It might sound like ‘democracy’ but, sadly, it ain’t the ideal we all think it is. By the people/for the people is the usual definition.

Just because the Council is elected by some of them, and that mostly means a minority of the residents, it accounts for about, as a rule, 30% of voters in local elections. It might lead to a majority in the council chamber on voting day, but that’s apathy by another name.

I wonder how many residents actually know the names of their councillors and where they live. Or how many of ‘their’ councillors are disproportionately anti or for anything at all. Quorum rules should be applied in such cases when a major shift is involved. Given the will and purpose, anything local can be passed.