Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th June 2021, 15:57   #41
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
'Fraid not. 128089 deaths - and we're an island.
Rule of thumb.
1% of a country's population dies in any given year. Give and take depending on age distribution and other factors.
You have almost 70 million people. So expect about 700.000 in a year.
Of people dying, rule of thumb, 10% die from respiratory diseases. Expect about 70.000 to die from that.
They have been ascribing almost anything they could possible ascribe to Covid for more than a year, and 130000 deaths is not far off what you would expect given these conditions.
This has not been any worse than a serious flu season. But it has been made worse by being drawn out and combined with an economic recession forced upon us.
As we can see now, driven by serial cheaters, dishonest self opinionated narcissists.
BTW 1969 was a serious flu year in the US. Had it been to Hancock and his likes, we would never have had Woodstock!
Woodstock was held smack middle in the epidemic, and yet the world survived just fine!
Old 27th June 2021, 16:13   #42
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Jonathan pyes take on this. .
Warning very strong language ..

https://youtu.be/NsyQ2Q3QMAw
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 27th June 2021 at 16:24..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 16:39   #43
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
I do like the BBC's weather forecasts. When that mature Scottish Lass comes on demonstrating those large warm fronts ...

WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 16:41   #44
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Flu

Couldnt agree with Kaiser more, btw used to live in Jnb and was always flu city in the winter, when you got on flts out of Jnb everyone coughing and sneezing.

This has been the most overblown hysterical overhyped business. Sure its got nothing to do with the virus, but about control, reset etc.
Old 27th June 2021, 17:14   #45
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default And...

I expect he's had another two jabs and an uppercut from his wife.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 17:28   #46
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Ray, the "toerag" as I was told was the horrible bit of rag or whatever materiel a poor beggar or tramp had to use in lieu of socks? but Im interested in your version. Thanks Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 18:41   #47
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
Ray, the "toerag" as I was told was the horrible bit of rag or whatever materiel a poor beggar or tramp had to use in lieu of socks? but Im interested in your version. Thanks Chris S.
According to UrbanDictionary.com:

"Originally a British Royal Naval term. This was a long piece of rope, either frayed at the end, or with a bit of rag tied to the end of it, permanently fixed to a ship, which was dangled into the sea, and therefore, towed, next to the wooden plank with a hole in it which was secured over the edge of the ship, used as a toilet. After the sailor had finished his ablutions, he lifted the rope out of the water, and then wiped his rear-end clean with the wet, frayed end of the rope, and when he finished wiping, the soiled end of the rope was dropped back into the sea to clean itself as it was towed along by the ship. a Towed Rag."

No idea if it's right or not, or if Ray has another version

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 20:58   #48
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Rule of thumb.
1% of a country's population dies in any given year. Give and take depending on age distribution and other factors.
You have almost 70 million people. So expect about 700.000 in a year.
Of people dying, rule of thumb, 10% die from respiratory diseases. Expect about 70.000 to die from that.
They have been ascribing almost anything they could possible ascribe to Covid for more than a year, and 130000 deaths is not far off what you would expect given these conditions.
This has not been any worse than a serious flu season. But it has been made worse by being drawn out and combined with an economic recession forced upon us.
As we can see now, driven by serial cheaters, dishonest self opinionated narcissists.
BTW 1969 was a serious flu year in the US. Had it been to Hancock and his likes, we would never have had Woodstock!
Woodstock was held smack middle in the epidemic, and yet the world survived just fine!
The abuse of statistics to stoke fear in everyone has me very concerned.
Deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid test has been the metric used to convince us that approximately 130000 have died from Covid in the UK. We know the PCR tests are flawed, and the lateral flow tests are even more inaccurate. As the testing has been ramped up, of course there has been a vast increase in positive tests, many of them false positives. Folk with zero symptoms are being told they are diseased because inaccurate testing says they are positive. I should like to see the BBC dare to publish deaths within 28 days of a Covid jab. By the same metric, we would have to stop jabbing people immediately since the stat would be devastating. Lies, damned lies and statistics. The goal of the big vaccine companies is a world population needing jabbing in perpetuity and all (cheap non-patentable) alternatives like invermectin, hydroxychloroquinone, azithromycin, vit D etc, etc, discredited and suppressed by all means possible regardless of the credentials of the doctors advocating them.
Incidentally, I firmly believe Covid 19 is a product of 'gain of function' research from the Wuhan lab. It's real and it's deadly to the vulnerable, so protect the vulnerable and let everyone else live a normal life. We need truthful answers as to how it escaped from the lab, and why has gain of function research not been banned?

Last edited by edwardmk; 27th June 2021 at 21:05.. Reason: added omitted words
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 21:07   #49
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Toe-rag.

According to my Oxford dictionary.

Denoting rag wrapped around the foot as a sock and by extension, the wearer.
( such as a vagrant. )
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2021, 22:07   #50
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

bangcock has now surely risen to the occasion and sets a fine example to us all not to follow. puts spitting image to shame ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote