Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th November 2020, 10:51   #1
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Default update from starbug2

2020 has been a year that we wish never happened in many ways , i don't want to think about money spent on my 75 this year .. with the paint work tidied up and big work below inc replacing rear sub frame stuff yet another set of rear springs the 3rd lot since getting it many year ago .. .. the things we do for our cars ..

alas Bevs inner ear issue is very ongoing and effecting things , we can only try to live with it best we can . partly for other health resons we decided to get a auto car as after many many years of very bad traffic to/from the hospital she works using the clutch was getting a issue at times in the 3 cars we have . so now after a rush after a car event at gaydon when i mention to a MG man my hope for getting a MG HS Hybrid was not possible ,he said he had a MG ZS AUTO on a cancelled order so got in the end a second hand car with only 12 miles on the clock and 99.9% of the 7 warranty left with about £3,000 0f take home list price so a offer we couldn't refuse .... as we want to try to keep the MGF and Rover 75 going as long a possible . true it is only a 1 Lt 3 cyc engine auto but it has a TURBO so drives very well in the limits of the current times since we got it not driven it as much as would like .. 75 and the ZS are the main cars when normal work starts again , Bev is part working from home and i had about 6 mts + on furflow back a few weeks and partly back on furlow working three days only the last two weeks ..... we try to give all the cars a longer run with bev to her work on a roster but the F being used very sparing these days but its not being not taken off road like the 75 .. while we can at least ..

i've had the 75 since about 2008 i guess as had the 45 about 3 years which i part Ex for the 75 .. i've done about 5/6 car events this year so far, way down on normal times and they've been very subject to current times ... i hope soon we all can enjoy our cars and lifes without the virus hanging over us all ... may our cars be able to drive without issues for a long time

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2020, 11:03   #2
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Sorry that you have had a difficult time of late, I recall meeting you at the lakeland museum in 2012 when you were photographing everything in site. I have recently parted company with my Rover 75, mainly because it was not getting much use, but also because as a manual cdt I had less and less confidence in the reliability of the clutch, had it been an auto I dont think I would have parted with it. Good luck with your new car and I wish you and your good lady well for the future.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2020, 11:44   #3
starbug2
This is my second home

fair to say resent years have not been always good with the death of my parents and bevs dad but we continue as we all must and bevs health has not been how one would wish but alas beyoud our control .. we have tried to keep car stuff going as well as sci fi but times her balance issues are must ...... when bad its like major seasickness so not very nice . our 75 goes on with ongoing stuff as we all have to do , the mgf a few years ago go hit from behind by a bmw1 series and was written off by the insurence but we got it fixed our selves and the 75 had to wait for its work .. but we are still here nad still doing car stuff when possible ... bev can normally use the clutch ok but over time in big jams gets a bit of a issue hence wanting to get a auto to spare some of the issues as we are driving all cars between us , so bev is not getting all the fun of the new car ....

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Old 16th November 2020, 11:46   #4
starbug2
This is my second home

i still take many photos

Old 16th November 2020, 11:47   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Let’s hope we can meet up again in the New Year Steve.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2020, 11:51   #6
starbug2
This is my second home

i do hope so for many reasons as that would mean we are able to live normally once more ...

Old 16th November 2020, 16:08   #7
starbug2
This is my second home

The ZS is towards he 75 in ride comfort but hint of the MG F about it both my 75 and ZS have 17" wheels but the ZS has fatter tyres on my facelift than the early ones

Old 16th November 2020, 16:14   #8
starbug2
This is my second home

Bev isn't a fan of suvs or big cars in general. Hence not getting a HS hybrid as not small ,the ZS is bigger than the 3 but not too big thankfully and Bev likes to drive it when she can get it out of my hands..

Old 16th November 2020, 16:19   #9
starbug2
This is my second home

It took few few years to agree to getting a 75 tourer hence getting a 45 but finally got a tourer after a few years

Old 23rd November 2020, 11:14   #10
starbug2
This is my second home

fair to say 2020 has gone to smeg since feb things been really going not how we would wish . we just manage to see the rebooked as failed pt 2 of the harry potter stage show end of feb and a convention a couple of weeks before just as things started to go bad .. never would we of expected things to go how they did .. many events and work got effected getting the 75 get major work was just as thing started , it managed to be done ... i had many months off work and still having some days off like today . Bev has had a lot of home working from the hospital she works at and still is part here and part at the hospital .
the new car we got in the middle of the current smeg when we had hoped thing were getting better but soon not so much .. not done many miles in it but certainly it seems to be a nice drive and help with keeping the miles down on the 75 and f and at times easing the traffic ,clutch issues starting to effect bev with such bad stop start traffic being a auto .. also a nice place to sit in and roomy on the inside . full of toys . well whether we like it or not we've money to pay for another 4 years so just as well its a nice drive... the 75 is being maintained and goes on with the MGF both of which we are trying to keep going . sad to see the MG3 going but after 4 years and about 35000 miles it was a good car but fair to say the ZS is very much unproved with the interior .... sad not made at longbridge but longbridge has at least had a involvement , .