Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th August 2018, 06:57   #81
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I to have made loads of friends through this club all over the UK. RPWC went out of his way to make me welcome when I visited Newcastle to attend a meet. He even came to the hotel on the Saturday to make sure I had settled in ok. On the Sunday he showed me where the local car wash was. Since that day we have been very good friends.Rich has also done some work on Banana for me.

When I used to attend the Dorset meets Ian and Jan Goldson used to let me stay at there home rather than staying at expensive hotels in and around Weymouth. We have remained very good friends since. I even bought Ian's Firefrost ZT from him, twice. Ian has also looked after Banana a few times.

When Ian was trying to restore the Solar Red Rover 75, 1 off 2 produced I drove up to Newcastle to Rich's home to collect parts. I then returned the same day back to Dorset with those parts.

Chris Roy in Tayside always makes me welcome when I'm up in that part of the word. He also keeps in contact by text, PM or letters making sure I'm ok health wise or helping me keep Banana on the road.

Graham Cruickshank is a good friend and put me in contact with a lovely B & B when I stay at Grantown on Spey. Yet another friendship cemented in place.
I often meet a banned member along with his wife, Anne Maria there as well.

Matt and Shirley in Torquay looked after me when I was taken ill earlier this year. Took me into their home. Matt has helped to keep both Bana and Redfive on the road. He even let me park the Bear on the drive when I went to collect Redfive earlier this year. Another friendship set in concrete.

5 years ago I visited Allen and Val in Saltash, first time I had ever been there. And through there kindness and help I now live there.

Whether it be advice, repairs or from a social point of view that is what this club is all about. I have made numerous friends, some have left of their own accord, some have been banned by there own foolish behaviour and I'm still friends with most of them as well. I've lost many a friend on here where they have gone to that other club in the sky. And if I can I will go and pay my respects.

We want the likes of Lord Rover, Trikey and Deb's, Dorset Bob, Sonic ZS, Bazza59, Reebs, Artic, Trebor, Wooleysox, Jules, Coolcat and many more for they, and others, are what this club is all about.

Now if you want me I'll be in my blanket fort with my crayons.
yellow crayons i trust

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 09:24   #82
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazemi View Post
i think one of the factors that people are forgeting or ignoring, is the somewhat heavy handed approach of admin, i used to admin on a couple of biker sites, & it takes some getting used to the "high horse" & " secret handshake" mentality-i still laugh at the swear filter on here & i absolutely love the fact that a post wot i wrote was locked without any pm or discussion.
I stopped coming on here because it got stale very fast, there are some top people on here, but there are some complete Knobs as well, the amount of toys out the pram incidents seem much higher than other forums i'm a member of-perhaps its the Rover 75 demographic?
The other thing that is overlooked is that its a money making business, once again i've never had to pay subs on other forums. FB etc are more relaxed, yes you get a lot of fools, but its free, its easier to upload stuff & you get a much wider audience

I would agree with the admin statement, a lot of interesting threads closed because of a few hot headed comments. Why those posts could not have been removed I don't know perhaps someone will clarify this point?

I decided to quit a while back however, the majority are really very nice people so, I renewed my subscription in order to give some support.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 09:26   #83
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

What a great write-up from Bob.

I hope Wraymond and Clive are reading this thread. Chaps - the precedent has been set. I am coming to stay!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 09:40   #84
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

What I like about this club is not only the car advice but as others have said its the friendships built up over the years and the support given. Members here helped me a lot following the tragic circumstances of my parent's passing.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 15:11   #85
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

What I have said in another post recently.

No Club / Forum for a particular car, no future!

Without a healthy amount of knowledgeable people, the car will disappear simply because there are a large number of people who are not mechanics but who are willing to "have a go" if they can follow someone's lead. Arctic, for an example. He does some excellent "how to's". How many on here have had a go, and succeeded, by following Arctic's photographed "how to". Without Members like Arctic, many D.I.Y.ers including myself wouldn't have tried it. They would have gone to a garage, got a ridiculous quote and written off the car.

I would consider myself quite competent with motorbikes much more than cars. I have done the odd "How to" with photographs myself. The amount of time it adds to doing a job on your car/bike when setting up photographs is unreal. Thank you Arctic and all the other knowledgeable people who help all us mere mortals out.

Let's keep the club/forum going! and let's stop falling out over quite trivial things, we have to accept that everyone is different, but in the big scheme of things we are all needed.

Just my 2p worth !

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 15:32   #86
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Trident View Post
What I have said in another post recently.

No Club / Forum for a particular car, no future!

Without a healthy amount of knowledgeable people, the car will disappear simply because there are a large number of people who are not mechanics but who are willing to "have a go" if they can follow someone's lead. Arctic, for an example. He does some excellent "how to's". How many on here have had a go, and succeeded, by following Arctic's photographed "how to". Without Members like Arctic, many D.I.Y.ers including myself wouldn't have tried it. They would have gone to a garage, got a ridiculous quote and written off the car.

I would consider myself quite competent with motorbikes much more than cars. I have done the odd "How to" with photographs myself. The amount of time it adds to doing a job on your car/bike when setting up photographs is unreal. Thank you Arctic and all the other knowledgeable people who help all us mere mortals out.

Let's keep the club/forum going! and let's stop falling out over quite trivial things, we have to accept that everyone is different, but in the big scheme of things we are all needed.

Just my 2p worth !
The forum/club is in no danger, members/contributors come & go, been like that for years Some move on to other media, but the knowledge is still around if you look for it Stop the doom & gloom & be positive for a change
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 15:42   #87
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

No doom and gloom here lol

If the font of Rover / MG knowledge dries up I would just have to buy a different car to waste, sorry spend my money on lol.

My glass is always nearly full.

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 16:06   #88
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 19:15   #89
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
Did you mention undertrays?
I knew I had missed something. And carpets. So there.
Old 25th August 2018, 19:19   #90
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
i'm still here as well
can I ask why?