Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2018, 22:06   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Youll be doing the toilet run at 03:00 with all that tea Bob
Old 8th April 2018, 21:20   #12
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I happy to report that....................................

............................................. Pooky Bear still drives like a dream. I decided to take the Bear on the breakfast run instead of Redfive.

Shirley came to the house to join Matt before 9am then we convoyed off to the first meeting point, Sainsbury's at Newton Abbot where a further 3 ZT's were waiting. Then off again with Grovey leading with the Bear growling behind. Soon through the town and onto the A38. Matt soon had Grovey up to speed, 69.9mph (coff!! coff!!). The Bear was itching to lead, and do she did. We went past at about warp speed 3. Oh! My god. With the Bear running ever so sweet.

We eventually pulled into a layby and waited for the rest to catch-up. Once the 4 cars had passed me we pulled out and soon caught up. The plan was for the Bear to lead into the Saltash tunnel, just for the noise. Just had to wind up to Warp speed 3 again to get past, but sensibly of course. We got in front just as we got on the bridge over the Tamar. The speed limit through the tunnel is a strict 30mph. We trickled thro' virtually on tick over but once through we was back into the 70 limit(ish!).

Soon into Saltash Services where we found the rest of the team waiting for us including 2 new members from this forum, Helldriver and partner, along with other forum members Mr & Mrs Ratty, Dazenkel, Cengar and partner, SonicZS and partner. Plus a couple with their Streetwise, whose names escape me.
Once the chatting was over and with Ratty leading we convoyed out towards Callington and Louis Tea Rooms up Kit Hill.

As we pulled into the car park it was packed and the only place to park was a very wet and muddy field. 6 cars parked in the field and we managed to get the other 4 parked up on the approach. And with 22 hungry mouths we trooped into the Tea Room.
Once we had eaten it was back to the cars, 6 to be extracted from the field which was safely down. 9 cars were going onto the top of Kit Hill to the abandoned tin and arsenic mine. Arsenic is a by product of tin mining. SonicZS was leaving us to go home.

Once we was parked at the top in the small car park it was time to drink in the 360 degree view. Photo's taken it was time to wind our way back down the single track, only problem was about 25 Mazda MX 5's were trying to come up. They couldn't get into the car park and we couldn't get out. Matt managed to squeeze past but I was unsighted on the high kerb to my left and was unable to move forward. Stalemate.

It took the leader of the Mazda club about 15 minutes to sort his followers out so that we could leave. Even then some of the owners were reluctant to get onto the grass to let us past. Dazenkel left us here to get back to Plymouth to join his family for Sunday lunch.
We soon joined Matt at the bottom of the hill. Ratty took over as lead car again and onto our next stopover at the quirky Highwayman pub near Okehampton. Again parking was a pain and some of us ended up in yet another muddy field.
If you have never been then this pub is a a must. Google it if you cannot get there.

Once everyone was watered off we went again to Lifton Farmshop in Lifton Town. One car was leaving us, they had to go home as they had left the dog on it's own and no doubt it had crossed legs by now. We also lost Helldriver with her Rover 75. No idea where they went, home I assume to Newton Abbot.
Yet another spirited drive to the farm.
Once there we made our way to the restaurant for tea, well I had a cream tea. Got told off for putting the cream on first and not the jam. Just turned the scones upside down then. Plenty of tea to drink. Some had the same as me, couple of people had pasties and some had toasted tea cakes.

Time was slipping by and it was time to say our goodbye's Mr & Mrs Ratty were going back to Saltash, Cengar and wife had a long trip back to Padstow.
That left 2 ZT's and 2 ZTT's to make there way back towards Torquay. Yet another spirited drive back for the 2 ZTT's. The ZT's soon dropped back into the mists of time.

A grand day out with very good friends.

Those with weak wallets should look away now. I filled the Bear up before leaving and on my return I had just under 'Alf a tank left and with just on 150 miles travelled.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 11:05   #13
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

It depends on what side of the border you have your Cream Tea, the Devonian way is Cream first with Jam on top however the Cornish way is Jam first then the Cream on top.

I was born in Cornwall so have it the Cornish way but neither is wrong really just depends on how you like it!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 17:03   #14
cengar
Loves to post

rover 75 saloon cdti

Fortunately for Banana Lifton is in Devon only just
cengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 22:10   #15
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Great report of the day Bob!

It was great to meet up again, both with yourself and "Pooky Bear", as well as some of the rest of the 75 & ZT folks.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 22:26   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Well, at least the rain is............................

.................................................. ... warmer down here in the West Country.

The day started late for me, I was a wee bit late getting out of bed. Still the sleep was wanted. The plan was leave Matt spring cleaning the house whilst I swanned off down to Saltash to meet up with Allen. When I left it was just starting to rain. I thought about getting some go go juice for Redfive, and that as far as the thought went.

I made good time on the A38 and as I got closer to the Tamar so the weather got warmer and the sun was coming out. I parked up in my usual parking space at Allen's. The kettle went on as I went in the door, Val had gone to her Aunt's in Allen's Toyota. Allen and I had a chat about the list I had been given relating to the properties that were up for rent. So after tea we went and had a look. Some properties had boards outside and some did not.

Allen suggested that we went back into town and visited the other estate agents and see what they had in the For Sale/Rented sections. Ended up signing up to 3 more agencies. Came out with a appointment for a viewing at 16.15 at a bungalow. This particular one needed work but it was only for me to have a look.
Plus we had another 3 to view as well. So back to the car and back to the house for tea and a sarnie, I would have been happy with cheese but Allen thought bacon would be better. And very tasty they was as well. And more tea.

We ventured out to have a look at the 3. Two were very nice but the third was no good for me. We had another hour to kill so back to the house for another cuppa. If they ever make having a wee an Olympic sport I'll get Gold every time.
4pm and we was off to the bungalow. Well, it needs a fair bit of work but I was well impressed with the place. Allen said the faults would be easily rectified. The good bit was that Banana would have a nice garage to live in. And there was parking for another 4 cars.
It all hinges on me selling my place.

Back to Allens for another cuppa before I made tracks back to Matt's as there was a skittle match this evening. The rain was getting heavier now. I said my goodbye's to Allen and across the bridge I trundled. Paid my £1.50 and off I went. After about 2 miles a Rover 820 pulled in front and flashed his hazard lights. Turned out it was Thomas 75 Connie.
We travelled together right into Newton Abbot where Thomas turned off close to Abbottsbury school. I carried onto Matt's.

Time for another sandwich and another cuppa and then we was off to skittles. We had 3 more players to collect on our way. The rain was still tipping it down as we parked outside the venue in Paington. The rest of the team were waiting. Very important match for Matt's team. If they lost then they would be regulated, so no pressure as the team they were playing had just won the league. Mmm!!!
I was only a spectator, so had to watch whilst supping a new Cider, AppleShed. Mmm!!!! Tasty, better have another one just to make sure it tasted ok.

Matt's team fought hard but we all knew what the outcome was going to be. Yup! Matt's team beat the champions by 5 points. So with the celebrations and handshakes were over it was back out into the rain and into Grovey for the trip home. With our passengers safely dropped off Matt and I popped into the local Chinese take away for our dinner. Then back to the house for a very very late dinner/supper. Mmmm!!!!!!!! Tasty. Tea? Oh! Go on then.

No plans for tomorrow as of yet other than getting the Bear ready to travel home on Wednesday.

onen hag oll
Old 10th April 2018, 13:52   #17
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Just worked out the Bear's mpg for our day out at the breakfast meet.
16 mpg for the 158 miles travelled.

onen hag oll
Old 10th April 2018, 22:00   #18
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool The plan went pear shaped........................

.................................................. ....... The original plan was to go home Wednesday but a change of circumstances meant I had to leave today, however it didn't quiet work out.

I was going to drop a steering wheel into another member on my way home, I should add this would have been miles out of my way but to help a member out. But I had not heard from the member do I brought my departure forward. The weather this morning was wet and misty, another reason to leave early. Taking the Bear home through standing water can be a bit lively.

I left Matt's after breakfast and thought I was doing well trough the rivers of water running across the many roads leading towards the A380 and M5. Now I refuse point blank to answer my phone whilst driving, not even on blue tooth. But if someone is desperately trying to contact me then they keep phoning. So as my phone kept ringing I realised I would need to park up safely and answer my phone.
It was Matt, I had left my estate agent folder behind and I needed it. So I to turn back, found where I could take a the slip road to turn back, alas I had picked the wrong slip road.

It was one of those slip roads that allows you to leave but you cannot re-join as the slip road is continuous. Eventually I found my way back towards Torquay. By now the weather was horrendous. Heavy rain through the thick mist.
Got back to Matt's and fell in the door. Tea? Oh! Go on then.
Matt suggested that I should delay my return home till tomorrow as he felt it would be safer for me. For once I agreed.

So I stayed for dinner, a lovely cottage pie prepared by Chef Matt. Shirley had now returned from her house/pet sitting duties so was joining us for dinner.
Really scrumptious. Felt relaxed but tired.
Matt suggested we attend the coffee and cars meet at The New Passage Inn this evening.
He took Grovey and I took the Bear as this will be the last time she will be down here as I have a cash buyer lined up for her to go to a new home.

So tomorrow I will set out again for home. I have viewings booked at my flat on Thursday plus I need to see my doctor about these new tablets. And I want to contact the jury summons people and see if I can defer my service.

onen hag oll
Old 10th April 2018, 23:38   #19
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
.................................................. ....... I took the Bear as this will be the last time she will be down here as I have a cash buyer lined up for her to go to a new home.

What????? Nooo!!!!!!

"Surely you can't be SERIOUS!"

"I AM serious, and don't call me Shirley!"

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 07:20   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post

What????? Nooo!!!!!!

"Surely you can't be SERIOUS!"

"I AM serious, and don't call me Shirley!"
When you have something nice then you can bet your bottom dollar someone else will want it as well. You either hold on or sell. I've had my fun with the Bear, so if the right offer comes along I'm happy for her to go to a new home where she will be showered in lots of money. And this chap has a large garage where she can stay in the dry.
If however a deal is not done then I will keep her.

I have the names, and phone numbers, of over 15 people wanting to buy The Flying Banana off of me. But she will only be going to one person when I pop my clogs or am unable to drive anymore. And that person is a forum member.

I have a further 2 people interested in buying Redfive when I'm done with her. Once I have moved down to the West Country I will have no need for her. Only bought Redfive as I needed a car good on fuel to do the 600 mile round trip, ((Home to Devon and back again)).

"And call me what you like but don't call me late for dinner!"

onen hag oll