Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th October 2016, 22:43   #31
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Glad you are making progress with finding the problem.

As usual, these problems, tend to end up being a wiring fault of some description. Usually rusting or chaffing.

One further thing to add though. Even when you think you have found the fault and rectified it, don't always rely on the car to tell you the truth. I have had previous bulb out warnings, that after 30 mins of battery disconnection, have disappeared and never returned.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 10:14   #32
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

This morning I had a look at the cabling from the headlight but could observe nothing suspicious so a returned to the rear light assembly

I cleaned the light holder multi-plug pins again, this time with a metal file but there was no improvement.

I then turned my attention to the plug wires themselves and removed the pink/green wire from the multiplug, I had scratched around inside the wire head with a needle yesterday but felt that might have been unsatisfactory so I constructed a bespoke tool (Rover Contact Cleaner Part No. RCC00000001 pictured below) using a nail file. In fact I had to make a couple because they didn't last long.

RCC00000001.jpg

After a few minutes of scrubbing and a squirt or two of contact cleaner I reassembled and Presto! rear indicator working.

I am currently negotiating with volume manufacturers and I hope the tool will be available at all major retailers in the spring for £49.99.

All the rear lights now work although I still have the bulb warning on the dash, I have disconnected the battery in the hope that it will clear.

Thanks to all that offered help and advice.
Frogmella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 13:13   #33
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmella View Post
This morning I had a look at the cabling from the headlight but could observe nothing suspicious so a returned to the rear light assembly

I cleaned the light holder multi-plug pins again, this time with a metal file but there was no improvement.

I then turned my attention to the plug wires themselves and removed the pink/green wire from the multiplug, I had scratched around inside the wire head with a needle yesterday but felt that might have been unsatisfactory so I constructed a bespoke tool (Rover Contact Cleaner Part No. RCC00000001 pictured below) using a nail file. In fact I had to make a couple because they didn't last long.

Attachment 62878

After a few minutes of scrubbing and a squirt or two of contact cleaner I reassembled and Presto! rear indicator working.

I am currently negotiating with volume manufacturers and I hope the tool will be available at all major retailers in the spring for £49.99.

All the rear lights now work although I still have the bulb warning on the dash, I have disconnected the battery in the hope that it will clear.

Thanks to all that offered help and advice.
normally you would clear warnings by turning on / off and or activating all of the lights in question several times, the LSM would then register the correct resistances in the circuits and clear the fault for you
Old 30th October 2016, 14:17   #34
Frogmella
Loves to post

2003 (03) Pre-Facelift 1.8 Club SE Auto Petrol Non Turbo Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
normally you would clear warnings by turning on / off and or activating all of the lights in question several times, the LSM would then register the correct resistances in the circuits and clear the fault for you
Thanks I'll remember that for the future. The warning has now cleared.
Frogmella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2016, 17:24   #35
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Congratulations on sorting out the problem/problems.

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote